Cross Cutting Ply on the Shopsmith

11 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said:

I've got an old Craftsman 10" Kromedge blade I found "Curb Shopping" that makes really nice cuts. :D

It has to date from the 1950's or 60's. :WonderScratch:

I have one of those too - it's labeled "planer" blade, probably mid 70s vintage.  Not sure exactly what that means.  I wrote that on it with a sharpie.  Hopefully, when I have to send it out for sharpening, it's done correctly.

Jim

7 minutes ago, Cal said:

That is sure a fine cut.  From the pic of the saw blade, it has a 1 1/4" arbor.  Can you pick up a new blade locally, or is SS or online your only source?

For me Cal, I need to order from Shopsmith.

But, there are adapters that you can purchase to install a normal sawblade if one wants to use their favorite blades from other vendors.

4 hours ago, John Morris said:

For me Cal, I need to order from Shopsmith.

But, there are adapters that you can purchase to install a normal sawblade if one wants to use their favorite blades from other vendors.

I've always used the "adapters" or arbors, as Shopsmith calls them. Don't know why, though. Many blade manufacturers will sell blades to fit the Smith without the arbor.