October 22, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273216 17 minutes ago, aaronc said: Dang,..that's beautiful Thanks. I’m trying to talk myself out of cutting it up Report
October 22, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273221 56 minutes ago, lew said: Thanks. I’m trying to talk myself out of cutting it up Well,..it'll make a beautiful something or something(s) either way. Report
October 22, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273222 14 minutes ago, aaronc said: Well,..it'll make a beautiful something or something(s) either way. I know as soon as I cut it, I’ll find a project that could have used the full board Report
October 22, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273248 The grain would make some nice striped pens. Maybe with the cut offs? Report
October 22, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273251 25 minutes ago, HandyDan said: The grain would make some nice striped pens. Maybe with the cut offs? Thanks for the idea, Dan! Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273732 On the bench today is a Disston 8 TPI that needs some work.... I also ran across these today. Appears to be some kind of saw maintenance tools. They are stamped "Simonds Saw & Steel Co." I haven't had a chance to research them yet, but if anyone could give me hint as to what they are/do, I would appreciate it. Report
October 31, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273828 No clue on that Simonds tool. But I'll bet Bandit can help. Report
October 31, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273845 Tooth setter. Here's the book. http://www.cross-cut.org/Simonds/txt/Simonds-342.pdf Report
October 31, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273885 9 hours ago, HandyDan said: Tooth setter. Here's the book. http://www.cross-cut.org/Simonds/txt/Simonds-342.pdf Thanks for the info. That may come in handy when I get to the one man crosscut saw I need to restore. Report
November 6, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_274381 Getting the Disston all cleaned up...... And, getting it all put back together.....just needs a good sharpening, now. Report
November 6, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_274398 That is one beautiful saw. What did you use to clean off the rust? Report
November 9, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_274700 Sweet rescue and restoration @Thad. Most excellent. Thanks for showing. Report
November 11, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_274891 Little different project. For shop doors I have French door style. Wanting to mount a couple items to the one door that is rarely used I made this panel to go over window. In looking at it I decided to have some fun and replicate with paint the window. Not ready to mount yet, couple more days to cure well. This is a picture of my dry fit. Report
November 11, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_274892 18 minutes ago, Gunny said: In looking at it I decided to have some fun and replicate with paint the window. Ya' did good too. Cool idea. When picture loaded sure looked like actual glass. Course I don't get out much anymore. Report
November 11, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_274893 What's on my bench at the moment.... Too many of these things... Report
November 11, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_274894 20 minutes ago, steven newman said: What's on my bench at the moment.... Too many of these things... I'm thinking they must be "rabbet" planes the way they're multiplying Report
November 11, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_274897 1 hour ago, steven newman said: What's on my bench at the moment.... Too many of these things... I didn't realize there was such a thing as "too many".... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.