December 11, 2025Dec 11 Popular Post comment_366874 What would be the best way to attach these two sides to one another? In the original video that I based this on (Matthew Peech), pocket holes were used. I know many aren't fans of pocket screws, but I do use them in some situations. I will be adding OSB across to form the storage surface. Report
December 12, 2025Dec 12 Popular Post comment_366875 36 minutes ago, BB1 said: What would be the best way to attach these two sides to one another? In the original video that I based this on (Matthew Peech), pocket holes were used. I know many aren't fans of pocket screws, but I do use them in some situations. I will be adding OSB across to form the storage surface. Not sure how far apart the frames you have built will be. Thinking about just general framing techniques, I'd use OSB (or plywood) screwed into the vertical uprights, from the back. That would give you a lot of strength from racking. If the two frames were 4' apart, a single 4x8 sheet, vertical, would do it. Report
December 12, 2025Dec 12 Popular Post comment_366879 Hmmmm..how about...half lapped 2 x 4s across the back....could even do a dovetail shape.....glue and screws as needed..can be done "inside" or, outside...as they will wind up flush Then, you can even hang hooks or a shelf to each cross member... Report
December 12, 2025Dec 12 Popular Post comment_366882 Lew- Total width of the rack will be 24 inches. I will use OSB left from another project to go across each of the slanted parts and then for "shelves" (the horizontal parts). Not sure how much I really need added horizontal support behind the OSB on the slanted parts - seemed like a good idea as the OSB is only 1/2 inch. Definitely do want additional connections at the bottom and top. Steven - to do a half-lap at this point would require hand tools, or I guess a router (would have to really think that through)? This is where having a full plan in mind before starting would have been helpful. 😁 I do have some leftover pegboard that I'm likely putting on the back side (between the two tall uprights). Report
December 12, 2025Dec 12 Popular Post comment_366883 With all the sheet goods you'll have, I don't see why pocket holes would be a problem. I think I'd just use them. Report
December 14, 2025Dec 14 Popular Post comment_367005 been hiding out in shop, fixing some situations, re arranging stuff, to make the flow work better, lol, if it ever does, had a few shows, did fine, managed to donate a grand to disabled vets group, hope to do same first of year, i keep a few skeggles from the sale to buy lumber but rest goes to the girls and boys that the system has let down, i'll find some pics and see if i can down load them, i take a lot then kinda forget where they are. made a new serving or sharktootie board, folks seem to like it, try and show it off some, gonna delve into epoxy a bit see if i have the patience to deal with it, also, i came across a kinda hot glue that says it can fill cracks pretty well along with knots, i ordered some will report back on it, comes in multiple colors, for me teh end game is whether it abates some of the sanding and finishing for boards, and is food safe. its their claim, i'll dig up the name and share, happy sunday to those that subscribe. rj in az Report
December 14, 2025Dec 14 Popular Post comment_367009 Resaws Plus what is sitting on the tablesaw.. will see how this goes Report
December 18, 2025Dec 18 Popular Post comment_367198 Had a beautiful day here today. Air was cool and the sun was warm. I have 4 euro's currently in progress. 1 rustic with a tiger maple shelf previously posted in progress and 3 figured maple's. The rustic is a barn board with a big split. I cut me a bowtie today for an inlay with my fret saw,..cleaned up my edge and put a chamfer on the downside. The bowtie will go on the back of the board. The split has a little twist in it and hopefully it will resolve that as well. After cleaning up my jigsaw edges on my maple boards the last week or two it was time for a router session. I'm leaving some rough live edge showing in places. No definite plan for any of them, just figuring out what I wanna do as I go. Report
December 18, 2025Dec 18 Popular Post comment_367236 Two strips of replacement trim for rotten section on my X's house. Cut from some fairly straight grain pine. Cut using my CNC with a little help from my table saw and trim router table. 4D Report
December 20, 2025Dec 20 Popular Post comment_367344 On 12/17/2025 at 10:17 PM, aaronc said: Had a beautiful day here today. Air was cool and the sun was warm. I have 4 euro's currently in progress. 1 rustic with a tiger maple shelf previously posted in progress and 3 figured maple's. The rustic is a barn board with a big split. I cut me a bowtie today for an inlay with my fret saw,..cleaned up my edge and put a chamfer on the downside. The bowtie will go on the back of the board. The split has a little twist in it and hopefully it will resolve that as well. After cleaning up my jigsaw edges on my maple boards the last week or two it was time for a router session. I'm leaving some rough live edge showing in places. No definite plan for any of them, just figuring out what I wanna do as I go. That’s pretty wood, whatever you decide to make out of that will be nice. I like butterfly keys too, that’s one of my favorite things to do. Report
December 20, 2025Dec 20 Popular Post comment_367355 This might not count, but since I'm, here................... It should be obvious what this started life as.. (Project from 2015-2016) The locking mech. was reconfigured and made operational. The top extends in line with the wheels so it will lay flat for transport. There are 3/8" T-nuts to secure the vice so it can come and go as needed Report
December 20, 2025Dec 20 Popular Post comment_367357 18 hours ago, Woke up with wood said: This might not count, but since I'm, here................... It should be obvious what this started life as.. (Project from 2015-2016) The locking mech. was reconfigured and made operational. The top extends in line with the wheels so it will lay flat for transport. There are 3/8" T-nuts to secure the vice so it can come and go as needed That's an amazing transformation! Report
December 21, 2025Dec 21 Popular Post comment_367360 Currently on the bench...vise.. Waiting on glue to cure... Checked for square.. Report
December 21, 2025Dec 21 Popular Post comment_367398 20 hours ago, lew said: That's an amazing transformation! Thanks, I still have the other half but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet.. Report
December 21, 2025Dec 21 Popular Post comment_367399 This is what was actually ON the bench.. Tear down, new bearings, powder coat, reassemble.. I like the color combo on this.. Trimble Gray texture and Crimson Sand texture.. Report
December 22, 2025Dec 22 Popular Post comment_367407 4 hours ago, Woke up with wood said: . I like the color combo on this.. Trimble Gray texture and Crimson Sand texture I do too. Another top notch restoration. Report
December 22, 2025Dec 22 Popular Post comment_367416 Finally in the last stages of getting this mantle ready to install. This is the finish on the wood prep part. Routed the bead today and b got just a little off track do patch was required later. This v is laurel oak harvested on our property. Report
December 22, 2025Dec 22 Popular Post comment_367418 30 minutes ago, Gerald said: Finally in the last stages of getting this mantle ready to install Still have a couple days before the stockings need to in place. Report
December 24, 2025Dec 24 Popular Post comment_367563 Working on a storage box for a bike buggy we got for our dog. Current status Need to put some finish on the inside before assembly. Thinking easy with shellac or just paint. Then on to the door/hinges. Here's her in the buggy. So far we've only had a chance to bike with her once. Hopefully with our warmer weather we can get out again soon. Report
December 24, 2025Dec 24 Popular Post comment_367565 Looks great thus far @BB1Barbara. I'd be inclined to paint the inside as it would be more durable than just shellac when moving the buggy in/out. My nickels worth since we don't have two cents anymore. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.