November 12, 2025Nov 12 Popular Post comment_365156 Making curved parts.. One edge at a time.. Report
November 12, 2025Nov 12 Popular Post comment_365166 3 hours ago, HARO50 said: Well, I finally got pics of the "loom" in use. Using only two of the three sections. Each loop is lifted, and a new loop fed through it from below. To finish the end, the last loop is fed from above. (IIRC!) Showing off her creation. She's camera-shy! Cool looking "device"! Report
November 12, 2025Nov 12 comment_365175 5 hours ago, HARO50 said: Well, I finally got pics of the "loom" in use Looks like it works as designed. Very cool. I'll bet that gets heavy by the time it's finished. Report
November 13, 2025Nov 13 comment_365180 1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said: I'll bet that gets heavy by the time it's finished. Yup! Report
November 16, 2025Nov 16 Popular Post comment_365403 After good sales weekend, I had to put it all away, (still working on it) I decided to thin the herd Report
November 16, 2025Nov 16 comment_365412 4 hours ago, frenchwwr said: After good sales weekend, I had to put it all away, (still working on it) I decided to thin the herd 8 pieces left Report
November 21, 2025Nov 21 Popular Post comment_365619 Did some staining today on my little tiger maple shelf that's goin on my rustic euro board. Applied some tannic acid, ferric nitrate, sanded back a little, added some antique orange, red brown, dark brown alcohol based stains afterword. I'll sand back a little next session to see what comes out. Edited November 21, 2025Nov 21 by aaronc Report
November 21, 2025Nov 21 Popular Post comment_365621 35 minutes ago, aaronc said: Did some staining today on my little tiger maple shelf that's goin on my rustic euro board. Applied some tannic acid, ferric nitrate, sanded back a little, added some antique orange, red brown, dark brown alcohol based stains afterword. I'll sand back a little next session to see what comes out. Beautiful grain! Report
November 23, 2025Nov 23 Popular Post comment_365731 Currently? As of Yesterday's Shop Follies? Been rather busy...using up the last of November's Lumber Supplies... Plus.. These 2 strips... Plan? Shaker Style Table? Either with or without a drawer? We'll see... Report
November 24, 2025Nov 24 Popular Post comment_365758 Not on my workbench but working on getting shop in fit working condition. Worked on dust collection yesterday. Got pipes installed for TS,lathe, router table and dust collector. Installed temp positioning for wiring and switch for the same. The wire for switch was tight and when I tried it it did not work. Remembered something an old electrician told me about wires jammed together even when taped may short out. Pulled switch wiggled the wire a bit and reassembled . Viola it worked. Also got a display case installed for some of the items we no longer have display space for in the house. Report
December 10, 2025Dec 10 comment_366818 Getting more artistic with the loom! This was commissioned by the LOML, as a Christmas gift for a grand-daughter. Edited December 10, 2025Dec 10 by HARO50 Report
December 11, 2025Dec 11 comment_366820 Pocket hole question. I want to use pocket holes to connect 3/4 inch thick boards into 2x4 as support for OSB for the wood rack. Anyway, I set up my Kreg jig for 3/4 and then connected with 1.25 inch screws which did not feel solid. Typically 2.5 inch screws are used if connecting two 2x4 (so both boards are 1.5 inches) so I tried a 2.5 inch screw in the pocket I cut using the 3/4 setting and that seemed better (but question if there is sufficient material on the "bottom" of the pocket). This shows how the two lengths play out. I tried to make the pocket in the 3/4 thick board on the 1.5 inch setting and that didn't seem to work. Also, to be honest, I was getting frustrated so closed shop for the day. Basic question is what board determines the setting on the Kreg jig and for the collar on the drill, and also for screw length - the board that the pockets are cut into or the board that is being screwed into? Edited December 11, 2025Dec 11 by BB1 Report
December 11, 2025Dec 11 Popular Post comment_366821 Currently just sitting on the bench.. Waiting on a plan to follow.. All Ash...there are a few pieces for "accents".. Live edge and spalts.. May start a resaw operation? Lumber Run was postponed until Friday....stay tuned... Report
December 11, 2025Dec 11 comment_366822 1 minute ago, steven newman said: Currently just sitting on the bench.. Waiting on a plan to follow.. All Ash...there are a few pieces for "accents".. Live edge and spalts.. May start a resaw operation? Lumber Run was postponed until Friday....stay tuned... Man I love me some spalted 🧐 Report
December 11, 2025Dec 11 Popular Post comment_366826 34 minutes ago, BB1 said: the board that the pockets are cut into or the board that is being screwed into? I don't do a lot of pocket screws but if both boards are the same thickness (i.e. 3/4 to 3/4) the screw length would be the determining factor so the screw tip doesn't come thru the "second" board. I think the collar needs to be adjusted so the the step bit small end just emerges from the end of the board. This may be more than you ever wanted to know- Report
December 11, 2025Dec 11 Popular Post comment_366830 Thanks Lew - I'll give that a look tomorrow! Report
December 11, 2025Dec 11 Popular Post comment_366834 Actually made progress in the shop despite interruptions. Finally took time to install seal under shop door to keep the rain out Got framing up mostly for DC room. Hope to get framing up for door tomorrow and wiring in Report
December 11, 2025Dec 11 Popular Post comment_366838 Lew - that video was very helpful. I'm now trying to think through the best way to secure my "connecting boards" between the two sides. Report
December 11, 2025Dec 11 comment_366872 18 hours ago, Gerald said: Finally took time to install seal under shop door to keep the rain out I installed something like that as I had some issue with water under the overhead door of my shop when we had a downpour. Helped a lot, although not 100%. Likely my install or just need to better divert any flow patterns toward the shop when we get really heavy rain. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.