September 19, 20206 yr Popular Post comment_242885 It’s a disaster as usual! Clean desk, messy mind, right? Have had an itch to get some white gas camping gear for awhile. Reliving some good memories and whatnot. August and September took me there, along with the propane lantern in this picture. Lanterns and stoves have been finding me at garage sales. I can’t lie...playing with fire has been a little fun and exciting. Judging the bench shot in the last photo, my mind must be squeaky clean right now! A couple recent project before and after photos included. Forgive me things aren’t so “woodworky” in the project department the last few weeks. The bench is busy all the same. Report
October 9, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_244796 Finally got to put the new carving bench to use. Carving out a pair of grips for my 1911. I do have one question regarding an illustration in the owner's manual.......who gets this angry over a front sight? Report
October 29, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246554 Front sight will leave a mark in one's forehead, IF you don't grip the weapon correctly..... Ok, what is on my bench, right now.... Bit of a mess... Report
October 29, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246569 Just took it off the bench... I gotta start all over. I did not make it big enough.... Report
October 29, 20205 yr comment_246571 53 minutes ago, Kevin Beitz said: I did not make it big enough.... Holy cow! That's a lot of thread! Report
October 29, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246577 Had a few more boxes to put up... Had no more room... I'll post pictures of the new one I'm making when done... Everything you see on the wall was just bought for $50.00 at the flea market Sunday... Report
October 29, 20205 yr comment_246583 SWMBO has most of my thread put away, but i have a small collection out that gets used frequently. Even have some silk that my mom had some years ago. I like your "collection" and that was a deal. Report
October 29, 20205 yr comment_246604 On 10/9/2020 at 1:33 PM, Thad said: Finally got to put the new carving bench to use. Carving out a pair of grips for my 1911. I do have one question regarding an illustration in the owner's manual.......who gets this angry over a front sight? I love a 1911,....I had a small pile of them before the great boating accident of '99 Report
October 30, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246664 On 10/29/2020 at 8:42 AM, Kevin Beitz said: Everything you see on the wall was just bought for $50.00 at the flea market Sunday... Report
October 31, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246754 My primary workbench is currently occupied by peppers destined for sauce.... So, I will have to go to the (carving) bench for an alternative ....... A restored Wade and Butcher needs a new set of scales. Report
November 1, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246793 On 10/29/2020 at 8:42 AM, Kevin Beitz said: Had a few more boxes to put up... Had no more room... I'll post pictures of the new one I'm making when done... Speaking from experience, when you think it is big enough go ahead and add two more shelves because whatever she is sewing she won't have the right color thread. Report
November 1, 20205 yr comment_246863 9 hours ago, Cal said: Looks like a pretty good (and hot) haul Thad Should be a "hot" commodity. We've got some ghost, scorpion and reapers along with some cayenne, jalapeno and tabasco. Should be able to make a few different blends. This will be my first foray into fermenting peppers. And scales for the razor should be a fun project, too. Report
November 1, 20205 yr comment_246864 6 minutes ago, Thad said: Should be a "hot" commodity. We've got some ghost, scorpion and reapers along with some cayenne, jalapeno and tabasco. Should be able to make a few different blends. This will be my first foray into fermenting peppers. And scales for the razor should be a fun project, too. ...... Report
November 1, 20205 yr comment_246867 I used to grow hot peppers, from seeds, for a friend who entered chili contests. Lots of Ghosts, Scorpions and at the end Carolina Reapers. Couldn't eat them myself! Report
November 2, 20205 yr comment_246872 I've got the nuts and bolts of a euro mount on my bench tonight. Going to be skinning this out tomorrow. I've got the pattern drawn out on the maple to be cut out as well. Deer was killed last year by a friend of mine with a Kentucky longrifle Report
November 2, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246874 Well...this is still on my bench....waiting on the BLO smell to go away.. mainly the insides need to air out, a bit.. IF you look real closely at the lid... You might find hints at how the corners were joined together.... Supposed to be dovetails in there..... Report
November 2, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246877 Making a new layout for bigger drawer in my work toolbox. Just getting started. Crappy part is I have to put everything back and take back to work. Report
November 2, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246894 Well you-all was right... Not big enough. Still had a few boxes to put up. No room. They say third time is a charm. Report
November 3, 20205 yr Popular Post comment_246918 Had to stop working tonight and fix a few things that cropped up yesterday. 1st was my retractable pull chain on the big drill press decided to break. Upon inspection I saw why. Was pointing the hole where the chain comes out straight down. But pulling it 90 degrees toward me. So it is wearing on the hole all the time. Took that and turned it to face towards the front where I pull it to and all fixed. Minor but I hate looking for a chuck. 2nd was the oscillating sander. It developed this loping noise yesterday when doing alot of sanding on the inside of some circles I had drilled. Upon inspection I found a sliver of plywood had somehow made a new home just above the mechanism. Now getting it out required taking it all apart but once back together it worked, and no noise. I am guessing I got careless when changing out the plates and didn't clean the debris off letting that little booger inside. And finally the coffee maker died. Took that apart and a quick check showed the heating element was bad. Okay that I am not willing to fix, went to the blue borg and got a new one for $20. Problem resolved and I can now enjoy my evening tea and tomorrow my morning coffee. All is well with the world. Tomorrow night I can get back to these 2 7/8 inch holes I need bored in my plate for my toolbox. Looked through my collection of hole saws and Forstner bits, NOPE not even close. Figures. Looks like I will be making a template on the bandsaw and then attaching it to the bottom of my plate and some router work with a pattern bit will follow. 5 times. Yeah looking forward to that. Edited November 3, 20205 yr by Gunny Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.