Shop Crane and Hoist

forty_caliber

Flippin cool as heck! That set up and size of log reminds me of the Moulthrop family turners I saw on Crafts in America awhile back, they had to hoist in blanks, what a great adventure you are on .40!

WWW.PBS.ORG

Explore the creativity and personal dynamics of craft artist families.

awesome project, i have a engine puller or shop crane i use, but this is great, i do have an electric winch on the outside patio planned, did triple joist and added flitch beam in there to carry weight, thats to get stuff outta truck or life, have an HF electric winch to do the dirty.

i[m liking this, gives me an idea. i do have a mezzanine, 

rj in az

12 hours ago, John Morris said:

Flippin cool as heck! That set up and size of log reminds me of the Moulthrop family turners I saw on Crafts in America awhile back, they had to hoist in blanks, what a great adventure you are on .40!

WWW.PBS.ORG

Explore the creativity and personal dynamics of craft artist families.

Fascinating family.  Can only be described as unique, from a lathe that can turn a vessel a person can fit in to the hand forged tools.  Especially liked the 7 rpm drying rack for 15 - 20 bowls so the epoxy finish doesn't run.

3 minutes ago, forty_caliber said:

Fascinating family.  Can only be described as unique, from a lathe that can turn a vessel a person can fit in to the hand forged tools.  Especially liked the 7 rpm drying rack for 15 - 20 bowls so the epoxy finish doesn't run.

Glad you liked it .40, hope it gave you more inspiration for what you are already doing, as if you need it, you are rocking along pretty good! But ya, they are a cool family, like you said with their hand made tools, and their large turnings, your ingenuity reminded me of this episode. 

Expect to see some turnings from ya that you can fit a toddler into soon! :)