You hit it out of the park this week Lew. Overwhelming with so much talent to review beginning with are very own TPW members.

Equally overwhelming yet humbling are the kind words, publicity and support from our sponsor, Woodcraft helping to communicate why we are here. THANK-YOU Woodcraft and THANK-YOU Lew.

Edited by Grandpadave52

@FlGatorwood Thank You!

@HandyDan Thanks! Actually the holder idea came from a lady who purchased a rolling pin and wanted a way to display it. Hearts were big around here for a while so I made Mimi this one. There were several iteration before settling on the current one, where shape is suppose to compliment the arc on the rolling pin.

DSC00714.JPG.a09621db757f8e57de6b3c98c99bcbe2.JPG

The insert is a walnut heart shaped knot that I found when milling some lumber and inlayed it into the back. The pin lays horizontal in the cradle end pieces.

@Grandpadave52 Thank You!

@Steve Krumanaker Thanks!

@forty_caliber Thank You!

@Cal Thanks!

@Gene Howe Thank You!

Late to the party as Have been trying to get some projects done before Christmas . Lew it looks like you have been a busy elf. I see some possibilities in new projects in the future. I got the same response you did about display when I did end grain cutting boards and inside out ornaments, great display idea.

12 minutes ago, Gunny said:

My contribution to turning. Used a HSS skew chisel.  Needed a shaft for paper towel holder in finishing room. Just about ready to install.

Ooooh, fancy smancy. Guess you'll have to use that "designer foo foo" style paper towel in that one?:rolleyes:

I just stick my fingers in one end of the tube, then unroll with the the other hand.:P 

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Ooooh, fancy smancy. Guess you'll have to use that "designer foo foo" style paper towel in that one?:rolleyes:

I just stick my fingers in one end of the tube, then unroll with the the other hand.:P 

Nah this is for finishing room.  Fancy one is in shop.:throbbinghead:

1596017209_Finished(3).jpg.c8bd2512e7410ef947672227a2424c07.jpg