March 30Mar 30 Popular Post comment_373659 Needs cleaning but I pulled a muscle on my right side hip area. Bummer. No pun intended. Report
March 30Mar 30 Popular Post comment_373661 Shop is closed for a few days....house has a drain problem...had to move the dryer out into the aisle-way, and the Drill press as well...to get back into where the clogged pipes were..2 drawers are out of the clamps, awaiting the time when I can access the bench again..Stay tuned.., Report
March 30Mar 30 comment_373662 Just another day in my shop!https://photos.app.goo.gl/ERBAeSJ2YBhjYUPD6 Report
April 15Apr 15 Popular Post comment_374731 Getting ready to cut another 4 of the "He is risen" pattern. This time I'll track my time. On the lily potion of the pattern; on this potion I have to stack cut two of the top layer, twice. When I cut these I start with the interior cuts, carefully taping the waste piece back in place to support the fragile portions. Once the interiors are all cut I will stack 2 additional layers and then cut all 4 at the same time, by doing this I ensure that the top and bottom match exactly. I have stack cut 5 (1/8") layers with the 2/0 blades before, so 4 layers should be doable. :) Report
April 24Apr 24 Popular Post comment_375270 There's is an interesting video on dovetail layout without using a ruler- Report
April 24Apr 24 Author Popular Post comment_375271 @lew that's the method I use, I really like this way. Report
May 5May 5 Popular Post comment_375828 Two displays delivered recently.1] small one built with pine reclaimed from a c.1998 Ikea bookshelf labeled Made in Russia. It is a light pine, easy to mill.2] Built of found 7-ply ⅜" birch and wine crates of Spanish pine. Dado and glue construction with one screw. It's a prototype; the final will be of heavier construction. Edited May 5May 5 by Woodman • formatting • Report
May 6May 6 Popular Post comment_375854 Test driveStanley No. 82 has been rehabbed,As well as the Craftsman( Sargent & Co. No. 409) Report
May 6May 6 Popular Post comment_375856 A nice little trivet, fresh off the saw. This is a repurposed cheese board. I just cut the holes. :)And anyone identify the wood? Edited May 6May 6 by Wichman3 Report
May 6May 6 Popular Post comment_375858 Did some repairs to a dresser this morning. One swivel caster had fallen out and needed the hole enlarged, a dowel put in, and redrilled for the swivel pin. It was a nice piece, mahogany veneer, rough cut wood on the back, hand beveled solid wood drawer bottoms, and hand cut fine dovetails. Made me much happier than the flat pack particle board stuff we have had the last few weeks. Assembled a cabinet that was of the forementioned construction, but to its favor had some soft close 35mm hinges on the doors. Report
May 6May 6 comment_375859 2 hours ago, Wichman3 said:..... And anyone identify the wood?Looks like teak but hard to tell from photo. It's it very hard? Report
May 6May 6 comment_375865 1 hour ago, MrRick said:Looks like teak but hard to tell from photo. It's it very hard?Not hard at all, I just know it's not pine. :) Report
May 6May 6 comment_375867 Then for sure it's NOT teak. I'd need some better photos of some stock to take another stab at it. Report
May 6May 6 comment_375869 More Beer Boxes.The purple pieces are made from extra pieces of Oak that are put in old wine barrels to provide the Tannin needed during fermentation.The black cleats on the ends are Oak treated with vinegar that has a Steel Wool pad dissolved in it.The unused Grizzly Dust Collector is a Bargain I picked up from my neighbor who's cleaning out his shop. Report
May 7May 7 comment_375871 24 minutes ago, frenchwwr said:More Beer Boxes.The purple pieces are made from extra pieces of Oak that are put in old wine barrels to provide the Tannin needed during fermentation.The black cleats on the ends are Oak treated with vinegar that has a Steel Wool pad dissolved in it.The unused Grizzly Dust Collector is a Bargain I picked up from my neighbor who's cleaning out his shopNice score on the dust collector! Report
May 7May 7 comment_375873 1 hour ago, MrRick said:Then for sure it's NOT teak. I'd need some better photos of some stock to take another stab at it.A couple more pictures, taken in sunlight to hopefully show enough details. These rivets are one-offs from thrift stores. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.