You won't believe this!

DerBengel

Hey Guys!

Sorry I haven't been around much, this 10-week physiology class is really kicking my butt!

BUT I BROUGHT DONUTS!!!

donuts.jpg.658e25b0d0ac3504a85b5512545e334a.jpg

But, here's the part that's very hard to believe!

My back was really bothering me last week and I decided to walk the length of the apartment complex, instead of walking out of the complex. One way that was not a good idea,, getting too close to neighbors, but at the same time it really worked out for me in the end!  When I got to the other end of the complex, there was this BIG guy smoking a BIG cigar and I decided to say, "Hi, how's it going?" Boy! Did he tell me! hahaha But somewhere in there, we got to talking and he asked about my health and I told him about my back. He kept on talking, so I stepped into the grass cause I felt like I was becoming one with the concrete. Then he asked me if I heard of the Teeter (inversion table) and the Total Gym (Chuck Norris). Sure I have! And I have wondered about both of them but they are way out of my price range. Next thing I knew, he said come over Sunday and you can have the teeter. WOW! Next morning, at 6:55am (yes I was up 2.5 days!!!) I saw him pulling up with this car and it was loaded with the Teeter and he had all the paperwork, including the accupressure knobs. Then he came back over the next day and asked if I would be interested in the Total Gym. SURE! I always liked the idea of the TG because you use your own weight to work out. So, that next morning, about 8:30 am, he brought that to me! I was supposed to pick both of them up at his flat! Then he came back over and gave me all the dvd's and accessories he had bought for the Total Gym XLS! dOnly thing is he is a TALKER and he will jump you for interrupting him! But, he hasn't been over for 5 days so maybe he will give me my space. But he gave me over $1,500 worth of equipment, stating he rather give them to someone who would use them. YES SIR, I WILL USE THEM!!!

I have all ready managed to completely invert on the Teeter, but I don't have the ability to twist or raise up yet. And I haven't used the knobs yet-the arch support is more than enough at the moment! Even though it has not "aligned" me yet, cracking/releasing yet, I notice when I get off the thing, I am standing more erect. And, I am getting a few sore spots that were almost void of feeling for years now! And as for the Total Gym, I tried level 2 and NOOOO, had to go down to level 1, but I am able to do things!

I had to go to the rheumatologist yesterday to get my usual cortisone shots from base of skull, out shoulders, down the the tail bone and told the doc about what I received last week. Boy! Was he happy. And he reminded the the most important thing to get in my head. He said that was a very special gift for my health and to remember that if I cannot advance in 2 months, not to quit! And that repetition is more important that short hot and heavy workouts. I told him I need to make a poster and put that in front of my face, because I grew up around a lot of macho guys that taught you to push, push, push! And the ego can be a powerful, and sometimes a defeatist nemesis. With all my health problems, I have to take it slow so I don't throw myself into an ER visit, but if I can stay slow and steady, I will have it made. Like the doc said, he works out 4-6 times a week (on his TG) but only works out enough to feel good-not become a body builder or anything. LOL But yeah, more than anything I have to be extremely cautious with my neck, even tonight it's trying to do bad things from my workout. I have 3 twisted verts in my neck and 3 twisted verts in my lower back.

And this came at a great time, cause I can utilize the equipment in conjunction of fresh shots, winter is coming when I will be inside more, and the fact I can't afford the gym, and the fact I have been trying to lose weight since late last year. I go to the doc every 4-6 months, and I asked him my weight last visit, compared to Monday's weight and I have lost another 8 pounds, so this just may get me to MY goal (not what the charts say LOL).

I should add that this is the first time I ever met this man, or seen him!

I am just so excited, I had to let someone know!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great gift and great news for you physically Cindy...Just make sure you follow the doctor's advice not to over do things...

That said, with all the new workout equipment I'll assume you'll be letting go of the rest of the donut stash since I didn't see any cream filled or chocolate iced chocolate cake donuts on the first plate.:lol:

Thanks guys! Yeah, I have been half expecting the guy to come back and say he changed his mind and all this stuff-but he hasn't. I have been doing 1 set at a time, and doing a different set of something several times in the day. I also hope it gets me some good results. I can kind of feel things going on in my body, all ready, which is a good thing. I do have to be careful though; I am definitely swelling a little bit. As long as I can unlearn that macho thing from the guys around where I live, n' take 'er slow,  I will be doing just fine. Not a bad idea to remind me once in a while!

Wow...I need a better support system! LOL

I snuck the eclairs out :blush: Had to have one last hurrah...

But I found a friggin' truck load! The guy wasn't looking, while attending to a patient...er...customer.... and I drove off with them, just for all of you!!!

donut.jpg.ffb88dc81c307bde5b466d894ca00722.jpg

Okay, you are taking away from my study time, but I got MORE DONUTS! Man! It's hard keeping you guys happy and full!!!

serveimage.jpg.1dc38e4b1633c7455121646a5b0ed562.jpg

SOME MORE ECLAIRS:

image.png.aac32baa0e1c1df73413f2a4f133388a.pngimage.png.9bde47ec9144160d9ac851e54ed5c0b0.png

COFFEE:

serveimagecoff.jpg.fef84d45e6472d2506354a199b3bf49d.jpg

And a way to drink it:

serveimagehose.thumb.jpg.b95e37e81762e35d328244e8caaba7fa.jpg

serveimagecoupler.jpg.c5ad8b5d4d7c033c866542b5a557cb50.jpg

OH! And don't forget the cream and sugar:

sugar.thumb.jpg.57f312574754ee87f05ca54ced2fe902.jpgcream.jpg.34c8dc72be8387069efce807399468ff.jpg

And something to stir with:

spoons.jpg.823fc551ad419d5e4bd04f738d41f158.jpg

Now...you guys are responsible for your favorite cups, napkins- or just use your sleeves...I hope this covers you guys for at least a week!

Archived