Counter sink too large for anything commercial

I have a plate to mount but it has .350 dia thru hole  with 82 deg countersink.  Supposedly for #12 or #14 screws but no vix bit for that size hole is available.

So how to accurately find the center of the hole?

The #12 screws fit but are recessed below the surface of the plate which is desired.

Note even sure if #14 screws exist maybe it is then measured as 3/16 or 5/16 or just what is the next size up.

Any ideas on how to find the exact center of the holes?

There are 6 of them in the plate and I am to make sure the plate is parallel to the bench.

but any little 1/64" off center and it does not work.

Any and all help appreciated.

40 minutes ago, lew said:

dowl in drill press with a file/sandpapre to shape

I could use the plate and one hole to shape the dowel.

CS side up but then how am I shure which i round off the tip that I centered it.  I would guess the spinning action of the DP may work just not as precise as I would like but I will try it and let you know.

5 minutes ago, Michael Thuman said:

I could use the plate and one hole to shape the dowel.

CS side up but then how am I shure which i round off the tip that I centered it.  I would guess the spinning action of the DP may work just not as precise as I would like but I will try it and let you know.

Picture? maybe I'm not following what you are trying to do.

.350" hole might be pretty close to the OD of my routers template guide I use for 1/4" shelf pins.  If it were the correct size a veining bit in the router with a plunge base would be spot on. 

Or, our local Ace carries a pretty good selection of nylon sleeves/bushings that a caliper might find one with a .35 OD, or if it was slightly larger could be chucked up in the drill press and sanded down.  Giving you an ID that would work with a pencil or other tool on hand.

How many holes do you have to drill, and in what material?

2 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Well, crap. I have (had) one of those punches Dave linked. I was looking for it to measure the diameter of the barrel. I know I put it back exactly where I could find it the next time I needed it....and it wasn't there. I'm still looking. :BangingHead:

Have you looked in the last place yet? It's probably there.:throbbinghead:

11 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Well, crap. I have (had) one of those punches Dave linked. I was looking for it to measure the diameter of the barrel. I know I put it back exactly where I could find it the next time I needed it....and it wasn't there. I'm still looking. :BangingHead:

I have two of them (one Stanley; one General) and I can go locate them now; in a little red plastic box with my old school nail sets. The sad thing, I never remember I have them when I actually could use them or when I read this thread. I'll be digging through my tool box "wonder what's in this little red box? Oh yeah, I could have used that when....":OldManSmiley: 

Edited by Grandpadave52