George Nakashima Bench (For Sale) Incredible

7 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

A good number of Mr. Nakashima's work is in private hands. Only a very select few own a Patriot Wood Worker original. It's all relative. 

Mr. Nakashima's works are legendary. His story a picture of a true craftsman who loved his craft. With that said, I would gladly proclaim my pride in owning a Patriot Wood Worker original. Wait! I already do, it was a gift, and it is sitting on the desk in front of me and I write with it on an almost daily basis and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Edited by schnewj

23 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Flattery will get you everywhere Gene! Have we discussed a raise lately?

As a matter of fact....no. I just figured that generous bonus was it for this year.:D

20 minutes ago, schnewj said:

Mr. Nakashima's works are legendary. His story a picture of a true craftsman who loved his craft. With that said, I would gladly proclaim my pride in owning a Patriot Wood Worker original. Wait! I already do, it was a gift, and it is sitting on the desk in front of me and I write with it on an almost daily basis and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Phyl and I have a few, also. All occupy places of honor in our house and the shop. 

Our kids own a lot more, though.:rolleyes: 

17 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

ditto...

ditto +1...except I don't use it daily; too prized of a possession....was totally humbled to receive it. "Born In Date" of 2015 makes it even more special...this WILL NOT be in the Estate Sale but passed down to oldest grandson with the story.

5 hours ago, schnewj said:

I already do, it was a gift, and it is sitting on the desk in front of me and I write with it on an almost daily basis and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

26 minutes ago, PostalTom said:

I'm confused.  What are the TPW gifts everyone is talking about?

Isn't TPW a gift in itself? This is a great place with great people. I read it everyday, I post to it almost everyday, and I get a laugh at least once a day, but usually more. To me, TPW is a gift.

2 hours ago, schnewj said:

Isn't TPW a gift in itself? This is a great place with great people. I read it everyday, I post to it almost everyday, and I get a laugh at least once a day, but usually more. To me, TPW is a gift.

I couldn't agree more, Bill! And they DO say that laughter is the best medicine. Heck, I've gotten off three medications since I joined up! :D

John