September 4, 20215 yr Author comment_270662 So a minor miscalculation by the designer became apparent today that resulted in a change of plan. We had to eliminate one of the vertical pieces due to the lack of space. I had to cannibalize two of them and combine them into one. Oh well. A minor setback 😎 Paul Report
September 7, 20215 yr Author Popular Post comment_270832 I got the larger vertical piece sanded and cut to size. Cutting it was difficult to get the perfect fit due to its size but a cut off shoe and some careful skilsaw work gave me the results I was looking for. It also involved cutting a hole forwaq the outlet. I used the Shaper Origin to cut the hole. Paul Report
September 11, 20215 yr Author Popular Post comment_270998 All the verticals are built and the ready for the first coat of finish tomorrow. The art work has been prefit so all I have to do is make the cove molding for the permanent installation. I also have to turn a decorative finial type end cap and then cut it into quarters which should get interesting. Paul Report
September 11, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271017 That wall art brings in that art nouveau feel. Looks good. Report
September 13, 20215 yr Author Popular Post comment_271119 We had a productive weekend and got all the trim made and first coat of finish on everything. It’s still a little tacky today so I probably won’t do the final install and trim until tomorrow. Time to get back on the ceiling tiles and some cabinet trim. Paul Edited September 13, 20215 yr by Masonsailor Report
September 14, 20215 yr Author Popular Post comment_271135 Yes lots of detail Gunny. The trick to this type of project is the sequencing. If you take each step individually there is nothing that complex. A lot of routering/shaping but the challenge is getting it all in order and not getting it out of order. There is always the push to complete one portion of the project but often you have to halt work on portion to enable you to tie in another aspect to get the final result. Usually it involves how the trim of one part is going to tie in with the trim of another. Paul Report
September 16, 20215 yr Author Popular Post comment_271227 Busy day today. The artwork is completely installed as well as all the wall trim. Paul Report
September 16, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271247 Love it, need mine done next. I'm on @Larry Buskirk Beer budget though. Report
September 16, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271249 8 minutes ago, Gunny said: Love it, need mine done next. I'm on @Larry Buskirk Beer budget though. You can afford beer? Report
September 16, 20215 yr Author Popular Post comment_271250 Budget wise this room hasn’t been that bad. I bought the black walnut back before the insanity over wood prices started. It is now over double the price I paid. The wood here comes from southern CA and I needed it to have at least six months to sit here in the desert and equilibrate. At the time it was $5.50 a bf in the rough. Paul Report
September 16, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271256 2 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said: You can afford beer? Yeah I don't drink that diet low fat swill you like. Edited September 16, 20215 yr by Gunny Report
September 17, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271296 19 hours ago, Gunny said: Yeah I don't drink that diet low fat swill you like. I don't consider Guinness diet low fat swill, it takes me all month to save up for a six pack. Report
September 21, 20215 yr Popular Post comment_271518 Paul, that is some really nice workmanship there. Thanks for inviting us in. Report
September 30, 20214 yr Author Popular Post comment_271980 Well I was informed I have been playing around in the gun room a little too much ( didn’t know that was possible) and so it’s back on this project. Today was finish building the cage for the TV and getting it mounted. I used four 16” FE drawer slides and a lot of poplar. Hopefully get the TV installed tomorrow. Paul Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.