52 minutes ago, PostalTom said:

Lew, thanks for all the info.  I guess it will show up at our local tool store when it becomes available.  Those template sets:  Are they specific to the EWT chucks, or are they applicable to other chucks as well?  

EWT specific but probably work for other chucks. I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Hey Tom - thanks for the interest in our new parting tool.  Yes, they are in full production and available.  Many retailers have placed orders which we have already shipped or in process of building.  The process of filling the pipeline is painfully slow.  You can place an order on our website today and your order should ship in a day or two latest.  As usual...  @lew knows as much or more than I do.  :) about my own products.  Please let me know if you have any questions or need further information.

Parting Tool FB Post 7.9.2020.jpg

Jim, thanks for your response.  I now have one on order.  I would have ordered yesterday, but EWT web site is not real intuitive when it comes to ordering.  I could find the information on the tool, but I could not find the button that says "click here to order, dummy"  :BangingHead:.  Once I saw the cart icon at the top of the page, I realized that it must be somewhere, so I searched again and finally found it.  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, PostalTom said:

Jim, thanks for your response.  I now have one on order.  I would have ordered yesterday, but EWT web site is not real intuitive when it comes to ordering.  I could find the information on the tool, but I could not find the button that says "click here to order, dummy"  :BangingHead:.  Once I saw the cart icon at the top of the page, I realized that it must be somewhere, so I searched again and finally found it.  Thanks again.

You can always call them and order. Plus Jim is great people to chat with.  Both times I have ordered I called.:D

I've purchased directly from EWT before, I've also found the Easy Wood Parting tool on Amazon as well....

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Wood-Tools-Parting-Unhandled/dp/B07TK153H4/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=easy+wood+parting+tool&qid=1594391064&sr=8-4

how ever it does not come handled for the parting tool.  Listed at 79.00 USD. 

23 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

I've purchased directly from EWT before, I've also found the Easy Wood Parting tool on Amazon as well....

https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Wood-Tools-Parting-Unhandled/dp/B07TK153H4/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=easy+wood+parting+tool&qid=1594391064&sr=8-4

how ever it does not come handled for the parting tool.  Listed at 79.00 USD. 

That's the original Parting Tool from EWT. They have just released their "Next Generation" Parting Tool. It can cut a little deeper and the actual carbide tip is permanently fastened. To change the tip, you replace the tip and its holder. The new design is more stable and you can't lose the tip in a pile of shavings :)

1 hour ago, Gunny said:

You can always call them and order. Plus Jim is great people to chat with.  Both times I have ordered I called

I know, I just hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Normally I don't have to order EWT on line or call because we have a tool store here that usually carries a lot of EWT products.  

Yea I actually had called in yesterday morning to check on a status of an order I had placed for the negative rake cutters turned out they were shipped the day after I had ordered them.  Quite quick when ordering directly from the company itself.  So I think for replacement parts I'll just be going direct through them.   The only other thing I have to acquire is a better set of stoppers for the cole jaws when I get them.  I'm not too sure of the rubber stoppers that come with the set as I've seen a lot of videos with people having issues with the stock rubber stoppers.