My other hobby

Artie

48 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Al, the fun is in the hunt...and, the anticipation. Artie did find a pretty valuable ring, the other day.:TwoThumbsUp:

:lol: I realize it's the hunt and anticipation. Just being a bit facetious. Someone to help pick up the trash.:OldManSmiley:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have machines that comb the beach about zero daylight thirty.  It reminds me of a haybaler.  It combs the sand and anything solid that is large enough is then pushed up in to the lip of the machine.  It is bagged and deposited later into a dumpster.  By the time the early visitors appear, the beach seems to be combed. 

Artie, I am looking for something produced on that Shopsmith.  I hope to see something in process soon.  :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 10:55 PM, FlGatorwood said:

We have machines that comb the beach about zero daylight thirty.  It reminds me of a haybaler.  It combs the sand and anything solid that is large enough is then pushed up in to the lip of the machine.  It is bagged and deposited later into a dumpster.  By the time the early visitors appear, the beach seems to be combed. 

Artie, I am looking for something produced on that Shopsmith.  I hope to see something in process soon.  :D

Steve, quite frankly this Covid pandemic has put me in a funk. Have not had any interest in going down to the shop at all. Now some of this happens every summer, cause I like to be outside, but I was in a deep funk for a while. I did clean up all the clutter that had somehow mysteriously appeared in the shop last weekend, and am now starting to leave the funk behind. I have several projects half done, and need to complete them before thinking about others that I have already planned in my head. Please don’t read more into this post than it says, I’m okay just kinda had an induced lethargy that wasn’t usual for me, but then again I did just turn 60, and couldn’t have a party :( 

So the alarm is set for 3:00 am, and if I can get ANY sleep tonight, I’ll be passing by Al’s house around 4:15 am. Low tide is 5:20, it’s been hot out lately, and time to prospect at the beach again. Also not a bad idea to make a visit before the hurricane may make an appearance, so I can see if there is any sand movement due to the storm. Hopefully an excited post tomorrow morning :) .

1 hour ago, Artie said:

Please don’t read more into this post than it says, I’m okay just kinda had an induced lethargy that wasn’t usual for me, but then again I did just turn 60, and couldn’t have a party :( 

Okay I won't.  What I read is you need some motivation. 

GET YOUR BUTT OFF THE BLODDY COUCH AND GET DOWN TO THE SHOP. 

Those projects ain't going to get finished by the wood fairy.  :ROFL:

18 minutes ago, Gunny said:

Okay I won't.  What I read is you need some motivation. 

GET YOUR BUTT OFF THE BLODDY COUCH AND GET DOWN TO THE SHOP. 

Those projects ain't going to get finished by the wood fairy.  :ROFL:

Sniff, sniff, please don’t yell at me :( LOL I’m of Irish descent, yelling at us usually makes us go in the opposite direction (I kinda suspect you’re wired like that, too). I just spent a whole lot more time on the couch eating Klondike bars, than usual. Two to three hours of walking the beach, swinging the detector, will help with the after effects of too many Klondike bars :)  Dunno exactly what flipped the switch, but I have gotten back to hoping I can retire soon, and disappear down to the shop. Finding out how fortunate I was in the raffle today has certainly gotten me thinking of what I need to do to try turning. Those inside out Christmas ornaments displayed here, have always made me wish I could make them. PS you spelled BLOODY wrong LOLOL.

They have reported that a woman swimming off of Bailey Island (We love to vacation there) was attacked and killed by a shark last week. Apparently this is the first documented shark fatality EVER in Maine. People just gotta stop looking like seals when they’re swimming :) 

So 2 1/2 hours of sand fishing and the finds are 2-quarters, 2-dimes, 2-pennies, and 1-nickel, 1-S925 toe ring, and 1-S925 ALE (Pandora) infinity ring. .77$ and 2 silver rings, plus the indescribable joy of being on the beach, and watching the sun climb over the horizon. Happy I am!

Archived