Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners December 11, 2019

lew

@lew, another packed post.  I, too, like the "cookie jar" or honey pot.  I looked for Pooh.  :)  Those other bowls are super.  Also, I have one of those 3M masks and now I can't find parts for it.  I really do like your new masks and will get one of those after the holidays to make sure I can pay off everything by the end of the month.  :D  Yes, I have a credit card, but I like to pay it off at the end of the month.  

@Woodbutcherbynight, that is one really nicely laminated and turned stem.  You took to those chisels as a duck takes to water,.  Going to look for more projects from you.  

@Woodbutcherbynight Thanks! They'll need to make smaller cookies!

@Gerald and @FlGatorwood Thank You! When I first read your comments, I thought you were referring to one of these-

s-l640.jpg.c6b71deaeca3b4c8c506df77ea527414.jpg

I never read the books or saw the cartoons of Winnie the Pooh  :lol:

@HandyDan Thanks! I have a roughed elm bowl blank mounted and ready to turn after I get a little hearing aid holder finished.

@Cal Thank You!

@Larry Buskirk Thanks! Looking at the weather forecast, that warm weather may be a while off.

@Jim from Easy Wood Tools Thank You! The lathe and my Easy Wood Tools!!

Edited by lew

22 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

@lew, another packed post.  I, too, like the "cookie jar" or honey pot.  I looked for Pooh.  :)  Those other bowls are super.  Also, I have one of those 3M masks and now I can't find parts for it.  I really do like your new masks and will get one of those after the holidays to make sure I can pay off everything by the end of the month.  :D  Yes, I have a credit card, but I like to pay it off at the end of the month.  

@Woodbutcherbynight, that is one really nicely laminated and turned stem.  You took to those chisels as a duck takes to water,.  Going to look for more projects from you.  

Got these spun down this evening after doing a glue up for more bases for wine glasses. Two of six fan pulls.

15762026859892492767888823672854.jpg.fdc1e6c2241242a79ce28516a5b8456b.jpg

4 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

Those are awesome.  Purple heart and what?

The one on the right is purpleheart and maple.  The left is walnut, maple, purpleheart and the end is white Corian.  I have 3 matched sets the one with the white at bottom is for the light pull.  My kids came up with this slogan, white is light when I made several for them.  I kept the habit because it is easier to visually see which one you want.  

2 hours ago, lew said:

@Woodbutcherbynight Thanks! They'll need to make smaller cookies!

@Gerald and @FlGatorwood Thank You! When I first read your comments, I thought you were referring to one of these-

s-l640.jpg.c6b71deaeca3b4c8c506df77ea527414.jpg

I never read the books or saw the cartoons of Winnie the Pooh  :lol:

@HandyDan Thanks! I have a roughed elm bowl blank mounted and ready to turn after I get a little hearing aid holder finished.

@Cal Thank You!

@Larry Buskirk Thanks! Looking at the weather forecast, that warm weather may be a while off.

@Jim from Easy Wood Tools Thank You! The lathe and my Easy Wood Tools!!

@lew That was one name it was called.  I remember in childhood that these were rather common.  But, then most of us had outhouses.