January 19Jan 19 comment_369196 37 minutes ago, HandyDan said: Lovely Lew. Nicely done. Thanks, Dan! Report
January 19Jan 19 comment_369200 17 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said: WOW! That's spectacular Lew! Thanks, Dave! Report
January 19Jan 19 comment_369212 Absolutely beautiful. Love everything about that piece, but a question if I may, is there a base or is it designed to set on it's side? Tia Rusty S Report
January 19Jan 19 comment_369226 5 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said: Looks to me like you nailed it! Well done! 4 hours ago, timbertoes said: crazy good talent here!! 2 hours ago, Rusty S said: Absolutely beautiful. Love everything about that piece, but a question if I may, is there a base or is it designed to set on it's side? Tia Rusty S @Fred W. Hargis Jr Thank You!! @timbertoes Thanks!! @Rusty S Thank You!! It has a base. Picture isn't very good but... Report
January 19Jan 19 comment_369232 Thanks, it looks good tilted over but inquiring minds want to know 😆 Report
January 19Jan 19 comment_369237 17 minutes ago, Rusty S said: Thanks, it looks good tilted over but inquiring minds want to know 😆 I saw, in a video, where one was made to be displayed on its side. Instead of a flat foot, the bottom was shaped into a rounded point. I was concentrating on trying to get the "look" of the outer vessel "flowering open" as the inner one emerged. IF I try another one, I may attempt that type of shape. I agree, it does have more of an organic "look" tilted over. Report
January 20Jan 20 Author comment_369284 Lew fantastic piece. I knda like it upright. I thing there is too much emphasis on out of the box and "organic". Report
January 20Jan 20 comment_369285 6 minutes ago, Gerald said: Lew fantastic piece. I knda like it upright. I thing there is too much emphasis on out of the box and "organic". Thanks, Gerald! Report
February 28Feb 28 comment_371924 36 minutes ago, Gerald said:Just trying to get my ducks in a rowVery cool. Some amazing spalting. Coat rack? Report
February 28Feb 28 comment_371925 @Gerald “Just trying to get my ducks in a row”She will love those for her Jeep! Report
March 5Mar 5 Popular Post comment_372225 Finished up another batch of rolling pins with only a few minor hiccups. One of the maple pieces had an internal spilt that revealed itself after turning. The other was an insert that didn't bottom out in the slot and I didn't notice it until the glue had set. The final turning still amazes me. When I see the square blanks reveal the Celtic Knot and when the mineral oil brings out the color of the walnut and cherry, it makes all of the cutting, gluing and turning worth it! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.