Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Larry Buskirk

Repurposing Junque (Steampunk PC Build)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Never thought about taking apart the old power supplies I used for my 12 volt power sources.  Could have reduced the mount of wires substantially.

 

Having added a 12 volt lighted arm to my scroll saw I still need to get it tied into the 12 volt power supply on that wall.  May rework the box some with what I have learned from this thread.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:ChinScratch: Not sure if it's the new PC, or the site software but for some weird reason I can't delete the last photo in the previous post. I remove it and it keeps reappearing. :WonderScratch:

Edited by Larry Buskirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas on where to get a kit for a DIY multimeter?  I have a HF special and thinking hey this can be made to work but if something else is available and requires little less modification and not cost me two fingers a leg and my 3 & 4 th unborn children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said:

:ChinScratch: Not sure if it's the new PC, or the site software but for some weird reason I can't delete the last photo in the previous post. I remove it and it keeps reappearing. :WonderScratch:

Now that's the cat's meow! That CCFL is really neat!

 

To get rid of the last photo, look at your uploaded photos for the post. It is probably the one you didn't add into the text area of the post. If you delete it from the uploaded photos it should not appear in the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

Any ideas on where to get a kit for a DIY multimeter?  I have a HF special and thinking hey this can be made to work but if something else is available and requires little less modification and not cost me two fingers a leg and my 3 & 4 th unborn children.

@Woodbutcherbynight  https://www.elenco.com/product/compact-digital-multimeter-kit/

Edited by lew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lew said:

Now that's the cat's meow! That CCFL is really neat!

 

To get rid of the last photo, look at your uploaded photos for the post. It is probably the one you didn't add into the text area of the post. If you delete it from the uploaded photos it should not appear in the post.

Thanks Lew, 

I've been doing a little more work on it this morning. Working out the control panel wiring etc.

I'll be posting more photos later today.

I did have a photo that I didn't put in the post. but I can't figure out which one of the two that were real close is which. :WonderScratch: :ROFL:

 

@Grandpadave52,

You beat me to it! :TwoThumbsUp:

 

"IT'S ALIVE"  :throbbinghead:

562badb503b6b_young-frankenstein1.thumb.jpg.0602d09ced73a3dd3642c8fee72d3f2e.jpg

Edited by Larry Buskirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Loving it. That is one cool dial...very creative!

Thanks Dave,

I don't know what kind of radio the dial is from. I got it on ebay! several years ago for the unfinished PC that the top half of the case is from. I later saw that it is part of a set of three. There are two small ones like the one I've got, and a larger one for the complete set. They must be rather collectable because the set of three went for over $100.00.  I paid about $8.00 + shipping for the one I have.

Edited by Larry Buskirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Doing so left the hole from the power indicator crystal exposed, so I made a panel using the same veneer that I used under the motherboard tray.

Well Larry while you know (as do we now:P) the panel is to cover-up a type change, adding the panel gives it even more a retro, throw-back look. As if you planned it from the beginning.

It works. Perfect with the old tuner dial. I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...