Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Those LED lights are very bright and draw very little current.  I have on on our back porch so I can use the washer and dryer at night.  It is 25 watts and brighter than the 4 foot fluorescent that was there.  I have another in the kitchen that is about 30 watts and is stronger than the 4  with 2 tubes of 80 watts of fluorescent that was there.  

On the outlets, I suspect that GCFI will be required as they will be exposed to moisture, such as fog or humidity from rain.  I can't think of anything other than using a hose to wash the ceiling.  Of course, you wouldn't do that, but common sense seems to be rarer these days.  

BTW, I love that truck you have parked in the drive way.  They are usually very durable.  

Those boxes are one great idea. Looks like you have enough light with 4, but looking back I can see one side is dark. What is the leumens on them and color temperature? I have been buying 2400lu with 5000 k temperature. The bad part here is that the color rendering is not good at 5000 , 4000 better for that . So match color somewhere else. Shop is 24 x 36 and I think I have 9 Led fixtures but concentrate on work areas and add to that a couple double light led floods for finishing area.

12 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

Those LED lights are very bright and draw very little current. 

I love these things.  Replaced every light in the shop with one.  I have been getting them 4 for $55 off Amazon.  Not a fixture you put inside but for shop use, perfect.  Lightweight, very little heat compared to florescent, and a lot less power being used.

16 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

On the outlets, I suspect that GCFI will be required as they will be exposed to moisture, such as fog or humidity from rain. 

I upgraded several years ago and have a GFI on each circuit used.  But I am unsure if you need one anytime you have a fixture outside.  Don't really see why, if you have one at the beginning of the circuit the entire circuit if overloaded would pop the breaker in the GFI.  People who don't see this or the overkill safety crowd might be the reason why newer codes require it.  Only issue with them is that they fail over time which requires you changing them out.  Rare to change an outlet in a house unless somebody got stupid, or you changed the color to match a new paint theme.

20 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

I can't think of anything other than using a hose to wash the ceiling.  Of course, you wouldn't do that, but common sense seems to be rarer these days.

I do Pressure Wash the house and the ceiling in the carport will have vinyl soffit installed once I am done.  Annual maintenance will have to get done but I do know to kill the GFI breaker for the 3 spots this is an issue with, BEFORE I hit it with the water.  Even then I am not spraying directly into it.  Other people, like neighbor down the street, well he is fully charged... :throbbinghead:

22 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

BTW, I love that truck you have parked in the drive way.  They are usually very durable.

Thanks, 2002 Tundra, got it new when I worked at Toyota.  145K miles, that's it.  It gets maybe 1000 miles a year since 2006.

13 minutes ago, Gerald said:

What is the leumens on them and color temperature?

These are what I have been using.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGBKDKZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently they are $49 for a 4 pack, so I ordered some more.:D

Says 3600lm at 5000K.  In my 16x20 shop I used 12.  It is quite bright.  For task lights I have 30 watt LED fog lights that run off a couple of 12 volt power supplies I have.

2096521084_Finished(1).JPG.40b1697cb0725e52f003805b2db85c23.JPG  1213599835_TaskLamp(4).jpg.6051605d0404a11267b0cc415153e605.jpg

22 hours ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

or you changed the color to match a new paint theme

You can't believe the number of folks who come into the Restore to "donate" their old covers, switches, and outlets because...

yeah, somebody just HAD to have something "different" :ArguingSmileys:

The only time i change stuff out is if the old contractor grade switches are popping and i just replace them with industrial.

3 hours ago, p_toad said:

You can't believe the number of folks who come into the Restore to "donate" their old covers, switches, and outlets

People will drop by and inquire if I have some of these items.  It always makes me laugh when I open a drawer and have them all laid out and sorted. 

Yeah I have a couple, in stock.  What you have to trade??

:D