Kitchen Project for the Boss

steven newman

2 hours ago, steven newman said:

Will see how long this project takes...stay tuned..

Count me in for the new season premiere!

I'm in it for the long haul if need be.

Need something interesting, entertaining and educational to read daily so me & my coffee will be here.:)

Seems to be mainly white oak....yard sale oak MIGHT be red...nice contrast..

Tablesaw is one my Dad bought New in Box back in the 70s....i have since inherited it.   Fence right now is the stock one.....Blade is an 8", 1/2" bore sort of thing, takes two wrenches to change the blade....IF I can find any new blades..

Late last night, I went back to the shop, removed the clamps from panel #2.   Placed it onto panel #1,  and c clamped them together.   Both had a slight cup to them...clamped the cup flat.   letting them sit like that for a while. 

This morning, there was a Barn Sale....went there mainly for enough pine 1xs to do the inside of this cabinet.  Shelves, and webframes.  May need a bit more ( and better looking Pine) for drawer sides.  

Plan for today?  Trim the panels to match each other, and square the ends...doing both at the same time, still clamped up.  Then joint a few edges, and glue up the top.  May get a start on some webframes, and shelves...we'll see.   Will start after Lunch...stay tuned..