Time to start Xmas presents

Masonsailor

That’s where I get the mills and scoops from. The scoop is the hawksbill one. I have tried some of their other items and they were Either not very good quality or something people just didn’t use such as the coffee scoop. The garlic press is not good at all. The pin comes out after a while. The vegetable peeler itself is OK but people tend to want to put them in the dishwasher which doesn’t work well for wooden handles. 
Paul

19 minutes ago, Gunny said:

Yeah I have 3 lifetimes of projects. No chance I ever get caught up and can say I am bored.

:ChinScratch:...I'm still working on those "Honey Do's" I put off until retirement. :huh:

:throbbinghead:

WTH what's her hurry? I've only been retired for 10 years. <_<

Edited by Larry Buskirk

3 hours ago, Masonsailor said:

Busy day around here with workers on the roof so I couldn’t open up the shop today so another small project was in order. I decided that since that ice cream scoop is for a very special relative I might as well make a box for it instead of just wrapping it. 
Paul

12971757-1C90-45A0-AA51-533D9D46F965.jpeg

8DC1B919-9E29-4669-91D8-92E9642FE6AA.jpeg

E783EA42-0F52-4528-BA4F-73C42DD4871D.jpeg

A74502AE-C7E2-40EC-911B-79757BADE86B.jpeg

9612DE22-B9A7-4FF7-8D56-5DE49CADC506.jpeg

BA0F4017-B6E6-410B-B0FF-599B2A07BF77.jpeg

If I got that fancy for something like that for my Mother she would think, oh this is just for show.  If Dad ever even breathed on it, yup you know it, beams of death.

1383358733_laserbeams.jpg.c505c1500c5cac156a54ab0333009183.jpg

Edited by Gunny

One year I made several pizza cutters and ice cream scoops, all from Rockler.  Great quality and they ones that I had could all be unscrewed from the handle.  So, I made a card and attached to each kit and said it is not dishwasher safe.  It's not even sink safe.  I finished some with CA glue and some with poly.  Everyone enjoyed them and thought that I was rich.  Little did they know that I purchased a few each month throughout the year so I could pay off the credit card each month.  This year will be pens, again.  I have some pecan (fresh) and cedar.  Will be mixing it up some.  

That is really a nice scoop there, Paul.  I really love that cherry handle.  I missed what you finished it with.