Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Fred W. Hargis Jr

The Patriot Woodworker Official Gathering (Polling for Potential Dates)

Rate this topic

Potential dates  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. I've picked all Sat. dates for the summer months.

After all that, I can't even dream of being there, but it sure is fun goading you all!:D

9 minutes ago, John Morris said:

After all that, I can't even dream of being there, but it sure is fun goading you all!:D

they can party...

we can have a virtual coffee..

1 minute ago, Stick486 said:

they can party...

There ya go Stick! And I bet we'll feel better then them in the morning too right!

2 minutes ago, John Morris said:

I can't even dream of being there,

Eight more years John then the dream can become reality!:)

3 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

they can party...

Maybe we can Skype you

Edited by Grandpadave52

Just now, Grandpadave52 said:

Eight more years John then the dream can become reality!:)

Yes sir! I am so excited for you all, this is really a wonderful thing Fred is doing. This party belongs to you all! You guys make this place what it is!

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

There ya go Stick! And I bet we'll feel better then them in the morning too right!

yup..

and not as broke and tired either....

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Maybe we can Skype you

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Just throwing this idea in.  If we could vote for all the dates that were most likely good for us and that way the best date could be chosen for the most number of people.  In other words if there was five good dates for me then I could mark all five and so on for everyone.

What Dan said is what I was thinking. I made this a "multiple choice" poll...meaning you can pick several dates. That will enable me to narrow it down. I picked all the Saturdays including the holiday weeks (which I would guess are reserved for family things for everyone) thinking that 3/4 of them would fall out for the next iteration. But the inability to come to a firm date is what I knew would be the hardest part. But if you mark the dates you might be able to attend that would get it going...if it's a viable happening.

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I made this a "multiple choice" poll...meaning you can pick several dates. That will enable me to narrow it down.

Thanks Fred for the clarification. I should be able to do that.

Just got the summer volley-ball schedule which helps.

Now if I can get my oldest grand-daughter ready, she might have her drivers license by June which will greatly help...I think:unsure:

12 hours ago, RustyFN said:

Where would this gathering be?

12 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Wapakoneta OHIO, Rusty. Just a little West and North of you.  You can be there before lunch.:P

6 minutes ago, Michael Thuman said:

It would be beneficial to also state where the meeting will be.  That way I know if i can drive that far.

See above my response to Rusty. Probably about a 4-1/2-5 hour drive from Laporte area Michael. We probably can work out a ride share. I live south of Lafayette but may be meeting up with @Ron Dudelston in Hartford City depending on the final date.

I see no reason that spouses can't come.

4 hours ago, Michael Thuman said:

It would be beneficial to also state where the meeting will be.  That way I know if i can drive that far.

Michael, here's the original post describing my intentions:

"

I've been kicking this around for a while. I'm a little nervous about asking since this may go south, but here goes. I'm willing  to host  a gathering/get together/whatever you want to call it if there's any interest. Some things that will make this hard to do:

The date....picking a date that fits anyone's/everyone's schedule is hard to do. It's impossible to find one day that's good for everyone. I'm retired, so any day/date will be good for me as long as it doesn't interfere with one of my wife's doctor visits (I'm the driver).

The content: I won't be able to provide any demo's or entertainment unless someone brings something. So this would mostly be a meet/greet/jawbone affair.

Food: I would be willing to provide lunch/drinks/snacks. Likely some kind of fried chicken or such.

Timing: because I'm also doing things for my wife (like cooking dinner) we would likely have to limit it to about 5:00 or so in the afternoon ending time, start anytime.

The location: my place (search Wapakoneta OHIO) which as far as I know is only close to Newman. Most others will have a couple of hours drive, or couple of hours flight on John's company jet.

Info that would be of use:

How many would be probable for such an event?

Any suggestions for the agenda?

Any interest in a swap and sell of stuff?

What did I forget?

I've participated in 2 of these type events (different forum) before, one was exceptionally well done...though the attendance was less than the host expected, I think there were probably 12 or so guys so up. The second was disaster....enough said. I'd rather not do one than host a disaster.

On 3/19/2018 at 7:55 PM, steven newman said:

I have to be at Arlin's Place  23 JUN.....LONG weekend..after  that?

That is going to one great trip...Arlin is a great guy. I'd go but I can't away for more than a short day.

I would love to see that!

On 3/19/2018 at 10:08 PM, Stick486 said:

they can party...

Yeah, but we have the real thing...  http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/ohio/donut-trail-oh/