January 4, 20224 yr comment_280272 14 minutes ago, PostalTom said: Chevy Silverado. From what I know, seems to be a recurring problem with both. Dozens of YouTube videos about it. Not exclusive to the PUs, but also medium to full size SUVs too. Learned some about it researching some other issues on my granddaughters '02 Trailblazer. @Gunnylikely has some experience in this arena. IMO price seems a bit salty depending on tow charge. IIRC, R&R was around 2 hrs +/-. Dealers nail you on key programming charges. Report
January 4, 20224 yr comment_280274 New set of keys for the Dodge...$350+tax. New battery for the old key? $1.98 + tax. Report
January 4, 20224 yr comment_280275 7 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said: Also looks like we'll be replacing about 30' of 1 1/2" condensate return pipe, but for now the patches are holding. Neighbor called, scratch the last part of that statement. We've sprung another leak. Glad I left the torch over there , it's not much fun dragging it through six inches of snow. Report
January 4, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280277 It does not use a transponder key. I went for 1 1/2 years with straight metal key I had made at Ace Hardware. And I just had a call from the shop; the final cost was actually almost $100 less than what I was originally quoted. Report
January 4, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280282 4 hours ago, Gunny said: Took me a long time to find the right rock for you! Hate to say it, but it broke with the first Report
January 4, 20224 yr Author Popular Post comment_280288 16 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said: Hate to say it, but it broke with the first I'm on a budget here, couldn't afford a piece of that Rose Granite the pyramids are made of. Report
January 4, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280292 As promised, I'm reporting on the planer cutters. CLEANING DID THE JOB! Now it planes walnut as smooth as the proverbial baby's butt. Veni vedi vici, by George! Report
January 4, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280298 1 hour ago, Gunny said: I'm on a budget here, couldn't afford a piece of that Rose Granite the pyramids are made of. Rose Granite's not hard enough either, that only requires and it's fine gravel. What can I say, I play hard with my toys. Report
January 4, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280302 Next up on the project list is a rack for all the turning chisels I have acquired and a lot of cleaning and sharpening. Report
January 4, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280305 10 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said: I got a rock. Gunny should have sent these with your gift. 7 hours ago, Gunny said: Took me a long time to find the right rock for you! Report
January 4, 20224 yr Author Popular Post comment_280309 Been busy in shop working on dust cover for miter saw. Report
January 4, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280311 1 minute ago, Gunny said: Been busy in shop working on dust cover for miter saw. Sweet! Fancy joinery too. Can't paint that (JD) yellow. Just sayin'... Report
January 5, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280313 2 hours ago, PostalTom said: It does not use a transponder key. I went for 1 1/2 years with straight metal key I had made at Ace Hardware. And I just had a call from the shop; the final cost was actually almost $100 less than what I was originally quoted. I wasn't sure if '06 did or not. Grand-daughters '02 TB was not chipped either. Same as you, I had extra keys made at Ace. Ordered a pair of remotes off eBay...took longer to watch the YouTube video than it did to program those. Glad the estimate dropped. Hopefully they can get it back to you pretty quick. Report
January 5, 20224 yr Author Popular Post comment_280339 3 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Fancy joinery too. Been influenced by the likes of @steven newman 3 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Can't paint that (JD) yellow. Just sayin'... Nah, have it in finishing room now. Gave it 3 coats of clear shellac, @Fred W. Hargis Jr got me started using this method. Then covered it with 2 coats of polyurethane. Want it good and slick inside. Report
January 5, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280341 6 minutes ago, Gunny said: Want it good and slick inside. When the finish has cured well, a coat or two of Johnson's Paste Wax will make it "slickery." Report
January 5, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280365 14 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Gunny should have sent these with your gift. ... You mean they don't like to play Edited January 5, 20224 yr by Larry Buskirk Report
January 5, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280369 35 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said: ... You mean they don't like to play See Care Guide #3, #4. It's OK to dress them up too so a friend told me. Report
January 5, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280370 19 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said: See Care Guide #3, #4. It's OK to dress them up too so a friend told me. Not only can you dress them up, they can forecast the weather... If your rock is white, it's snowing If your rock is wet, it's raining If your rock is warm, it's sunny .40 Report
January 5, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280371 22 minutes ago, forty_caliber said: Not only can you dress them up, they can forecast the weather... If your rock is white, it's snowing If your rock is wet, it's raining If your rock is warm, it's sunny .40 And, if your rock is gone, seek shelter. Report
January 5, 20224 yr Popular Post comment_280375 On 1/4/2022 at 10:13 AM, Grandpadave52 said: Look in the last place first...it's probably laying behind the pencils Still didn't find it but since all the pencils were all in one spot I put new lead in the empty ones. That's a plus! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.