Rate this topic

yeah, they still baffle me.

you'd think that Rockler and others would have videos showing how to set up and use these things.  they show you how to use bench cookies....

23 hours ago, Gerald said:

Steve you either do not have anything to do or have the patience of Job.

I thought same thing.

Awesome looking project though!!!

5 hours ago, DAB said:

yeah, they still baffle me.

you'd think that Rockler and others would have videos showing how to set up and use these things.  they show you how to use bench cookies....

https://www.youtube.com/user/RocklerWoodworking/search?query=shark

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rockler+cnc+shark+pro

Edited by Steve Krumanaker

this one, top of the list

was worthless.

i know how to measure and clamp.

what i don't know is how to create whatever file is needed, and then how that talks to the CNC.  PDF from a text file, that's just a print to PDF.

i have a really old iMac.

and why did he have to index to the center?  not explained.

fail Rockler.

walk me thru it.  don't kick the can down the road and tell me there are other internet resources.... you are my resource, it's your name on the machine you are asking several thousand for.

"it's easy"  sure, once you know what  you are doing....

i'm dumber for having watched that.

oh, it gets worse.

i found the sales page on Rockler for CNC machines.  they offer ones from 4 makers.  hmmmm.... ok, i've heard of PowerMatic, bright yellow.  let's try that one.  they offer 2 models.  ok, i'll pick the most expensive.

read down the page a bit, and find, that ...... software not included.  what?

$8750, and no software.  but they do suggest a software package.

https://www.rockler.com/powermatic-pm-2-x-4-spk-cnc-kit-with-electro-spindle

oh, that's another $700.

https://www.rockler.com/vcarve-pro-80-software-for-cnc

gentlemen, when i buy a car, i only have to put the key and it works as desired.

same for a computer, turn it on, and follow the onscreen prompts.

but for almost $9500.....

pass.

their marketing sucks.

16 minutes ago, DAB said:

pass.

Okay

they look like a really neat idea, but the marketing of them is lousy.

take a page from Apple, how to make things easy to use and how to market (tell) the world about that.  "so simple, even an old fart can do it on his first try"