Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Steve Krumanaker -
DAB -

Top Posters

I remember you did post some in-progress pictures.  Those turned out fantastic.  Amazing how crisp and clear the letters are.  They do look like a lot of tedious work.

Steve,

Those are way cool! :TwoThumbsUp:

Wow, the hours were well worth it. The recipients will certainly enjoy them. 

They will be treasured gifts for sure.

Wow Steve.  Very nice.  A testament to your skill and patience. 

Fantastic! Seems like we need an artistry category, above woodworking, for a lot of these projects. They are just stunning, looks like they should be in an adventure movie like Indiana Jones, or the like.

17 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Amazing how crisp and clear the letters are. 

Thanks to everyone!! 

Dan, I am just really delighted how well that little rotary laser setup works. It's amazing how many incredible resources are available in this day and age.

Thanks again to everyone!!

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve Krumanaker said:

Thanks to everyone!! 

Dan, I am just really delighted how well that little rotary laser setup works. It's amazing how many incredible resources are available in this day and age.

Thanks again to everyone!!

Steve

Steve, please tell us more about that "rotary lase setup".

Fantastic Steve. IMO these will rival any electronic gadget out there plus no batteries or charge time required.:lol:

These will surpass the life of those digital gizmos too...love the way you personalized and signed these.

Well done...you're an awesome grandpa!

Many thanks, Steve. I didn't find it boring, at all. Your marvelous engineering kept me captivated. 

Steve you either do not have anything to do or have the patience of Job. What an amazing project to hand down and I think the great grands will love them too.

Amazing how that technology is available to us.  Wonderful world we live in.  To bad we can't reprogram humans to work that well with each other as we do machines.

10 hours ago, DAB said:

this computer/woodworking tool interface baffles me.

as i've noted before, if you gave me a CNC machine (like the ones that Rockler sells), i'd stare at it, kick it, turn it on, and would be stumped in how to make it do what i want it to do.

guess i'll stick with hand work.

Dab, the important thing is, don't over think it. A cnc machine or this little laser is just a tool like any other. A cnc allows a person to make repetitive cuts just like setting the fence on your table saw allows a person to cut boards to the same width every time. In some cases, like my laser, it allows a person to do something better or neater than they could otherwise do. Just like any other tool, there is also a learning curve and accumulated skill involved when using one. Nothing comes without putting forth the effort to bring it.

Steve