MaDeuce

Hi from Memphis

Rate this topic

I hate introducing myself, but here it goes 

I served in the Army as a medic (pounded sand in OIF I). Currently only able to do pyrography (lack of tools to do carpentry). I learned growing up (because my dad always bought fixer-up houses). 

I don't know what else to say. Currently I do patriotic and pagan wood burning. Eventually I want to do much more.

Anything else? Ask questions and I'll answer.

A hearty welcome to you Melissa in Memphis from Colorado.....

got pictures of your art and how you do your process???

please post them...

we love pictures, donuts, WW, pie, tools, ice cream, wood, coffee, how tos snacks, shops and puppies..

thanks for your service Melissa......

Edited by Stick486

Welcome to the PWW forum. Please explore the site and enjoy.

Pyrography is an interest to many of the members here. Your expertise will be welcome. We'd really be interested in seeing your work. We like pictures. 

2 minutes ago, MaDeuce said:

This is my favorite piece thus far. Hand burned Soldiers Cross with acrylic paint for the flag.

that is MAJOR impressive...

4 minutes ago, MaDeuce said:

I'm here... now what?

this deserves a thread all it's own...

Thank you! 

I say it often. I swear my leadership team does more than me. They tell me when to be where. 

1 minute ago, MaDeuce said:

ball shader for shading

what is a ball shader???

Just now, MaDeuce said:

Sorry, spoon shader

okay...

so what is a spoon shader???

Its a rounded (like a spoon) tool used with a pyrography machine that you use for shading in areas. 

HD30M.jpg

4 minutes ago, MaDeuce said:

Its a rounded (like a spoon) tool

I always thought that was a a hot knife or a tip for annealing lead glass channel..

I'm sure it could be used for that. Pyrography tools aren't much different than a soldering iron. These simply come in different size/shape tips that can be used for different effects on wood.

Hi, and welcome. They run a great place here.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service (goes without saying maybe, but I'll say it anyway). My only question is "what took you so long to get here?" :Laughing: Regardless, always goods to see new folks show up!

Didn't know this group existed. Found it accidentally on google lol 

But I did share this site with a group of several hundred veterans in the Memphis area lol