Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Fred W. Hargis Jr

TPW Gathering, Aug. 25. Time To Put Details Together

Rate this topic

OK, with the gathering date about a month off it's close enough to start setting things up. We had about 6 folks that thought they could be here, but let's start the count over to keep me from jumping back and forth between threads. I'm not asking for a firm commitment, just if it's likely you'll be here; the head count will allow me to plan for food and drinks. So here's what I'm thinking:

Gathering will be at my place (17676 Wapakoneta Fisher Rd, Wapakoneta OH 45895) on Aug. 25th. Time will be starting around 10:00ish (or whenever you get here, and wrap up at 5:00 so I can start dinner for my wife.

I'll provide lunch and drinks, current thinking is I'll get some fried chicken and a couple of side dishes. I'll also have soft drinks and water available. Some of you offered to bring something, what if I leave the snacks up to those attending?

No agenda, mostly a meet/greet and jawbone, though Stephen offered to do some magic with a Stanley 45 which I think would be interesting.

John thinks there will be some hand out stuff from Laguna (maybe t shirts, hats, etc.) and maybe Woodcraft, and Handy Dan won a Woodriver plane he's offered up as a door prize raffle.

I'd like to see as many as possible attend, but know I'm a little far for some folks..those who aren't here physically I'm sure will be here in spirit:P:P.

So a reply about you plan on coming , and any other input is what I'm looking for.

Fred, Thanks for having us and I will be attending. As stated I will be bringing cookies and such to get us through the morning. Looking forward to this. 

There will without a doubt be some cool handouts and door prizes from all three of our sponsors, Easy Wood Tools, Woodcraft, and Laguna Tools!

Should be able to travel by then....hole in the leg should be healed up,  allowing me to drive.   I'll bring a couple fancy planes along....someone can provide the practice boards?   Might even bring along the Infamous Aldi's Chisels? 

I'll get the practice boards, clear pine be best? Maybe 6" wide or so

TPW Midwest Summer Fest remains on my calendar...should have my passport & Buckeye border travel papers by then.:ph34r:

Will be a fun & memorable day...

2 hours ago, steven newman said:

Can even be a 2 x 4.....

I have those in stock!:lol:

Just a teaser....

dado.jpg.d2385a410b59f47823e29b9bf23e71b2.jpg

Did a couple of these things today....makes a mess on my clean floor..

chips.jpg.a6e7a813e165f88d41e7581d42a6a397.jpg

And this was after just one dado.....I had all the grooves done...decided to do a dado or two....

I’ll be there and hopefully have Grandpa Dave with me.  Fred, I’ll give ya a call.  

I'm in.  Still thinking about what I might bring.

Ron (and others who may need to call). I think my number you have is our landline. It might be easier to call me on my cell.

nine three seven 407 seven 475

Can't make it this year. It's too far to drive and, @John Morris says the corporate jet is down for it's semi annual overhaul.:(

But I wish you all happy times and let the sawdust fly. I'll miss seeing all y'all.

@Gene Howe, the vision of you in a pair of WW1 goggles and flying through the air and screaming at the top of your lungs, just fits, I swear that would be you.

I love this movie, has a biplane scene in it that is classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondhand_Lions

31 minutes ago, John Morris said:

@Gene Howe, the vision of you in a pair of WW1 goggles and flying through the air and screaming at the top of your lungs, just fits, I swear that would be you.

I love this movie, has a biplane scene in it that is classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondhand_Lions

Great movie! One of The Missus’s and myself, favorites!

Just found it on Amazon Prime TV. I'll be watching it later today. Thanks for that trailer, John. 

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Just found it on Amazon Prime TV. I'll be watching it later today. Thanks for that trailer, John. 

You bet, you'll love the movie.

Sorry for trailing this off topic guys!

John you can find the prop at American Pickers. They bought one last year.......:lol: