Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Moody

Friday, Feb 17, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

John Moody -
Gene Howe -

Top Posters

It was a beautiful day in middle Georgia today.  I got a burn permit and spent all day burning the pile of winter limb breakage and spring cleanup trimmings.  Tonight I have to pack, I will be on the road for the next seven days straight - headed to Phoenix, AZ and back...

Cal

21 minutes ago, clhyer said:

It was a beautiful day in middle Georgia today.  I got a burn permit and spent all day burning the pile of winter limb breakage and spring cleanup trimmings.  Tonight I have to pack, I will be on the road for the next seven days straight - headed to Phoenix, AZ and back...

Cal

Have a safe trip. 

16 minutes ago, clhyer said:

Tonight I have to pack, I will be on the road for the next seven days straight - headed to Phoenix, AZ and back...

Don't miss those days on the road...maybe you & @Gene Howe can meet half way between Phoenix & the mesa since you're that close...safe travels

@John Moody...Wow, that's a lot of clamps...good to hear you're back in the swing of things...new roof looks nice; BTW should this thread be in General Woodworking instead of Hand Tools...just wondering...

Forecast for mid to upper 60's SA/SU...hope to force child labor on grand-kids picking up stick & limbs...need to finish well house sump pump replacement; been temporary for a couple weeks;

May try to finish pruning some more on fruit trees I started in late November...also hope to do some clean-up and organizing in garage...

Just now, Grandpadave52 said:

Don't miss those days on the road...maybe you & @Gene Howe can meet half way between Phoenix & the mesa since you're that close...safe travels

@John Moody...Wow, that's a lot of clamps...good to hear you're back in the swing of things...new roof looks nice; BTW should this thread be in General Woodworking instead of Hand Tools...just wondering...

Forecast for mid to upper 60's SA/SU...hope to force child labor on grand-kids picking up stick & limbs...need to finish well house sump pump replacement; been temporary for a couple weeks;

May try to finish pruning some more on fruit trees I started in late November...also hope to do some clean-up and organizing in garage...

Yes it should have been in general woodworking.  Not sure how I got it in hand tools but I moved it so it should be good now!

27 minutes ago, clhyer said:

Cal

If you were going through Northwest Alabama you could stop and visit.

1 minute ago, John Moody said:

Not sure how I got it in hand tools but I moved it so it should be good now!

Gremlins:D thanks!

Just now, Grandpadave52 said:

Gremlins:D thanks!

Or aliens!

8 minutes ago, Rlbailey3 said:

Or I could be on the way to the hospital at any point for the birth of my second son any minute now. Wife is at 38 weeks so getting close. Will be a busy weekend either way.

Congratulations to you both and wishing you the best...the cherry can wait if need be...;)

8 hours ago, Chips N Dust said:

Laying on my back on the futon with my right ankle above my heart -that is what is on my agenda

Hang in there Kelly. I've spent a good bit of time down also. Time to get in some reading and inspecting the inside of my eye lids! Hope you are doing well and hope for a speedy recovery. There is an Elk out there with your name on it!

8 hours ago, Rlbailey3 said:

Haven't had a ton of time in the shop lately but finished up a couple I things in past week. My wife wanted a picture for over our bed and actually let me make one that isn't painted and distressed for a change.image.thumb.jpeg.9c34db07224dd89c125a2e8b00512e24.jpeg

Also finished up a dresser for my son which turned out pretty good.

image.thumb.jpeg.c427468a59c0b868189b905cf15134f0.jpeg

This weekend I am finally starting to mill all this cherry that is hiding my workbench to get started on a blanket chest. About half of this cherry has nice curl to it so I won't mind the milling process this go round. Also have to finish up a panel sled because my crosscut sled can only handle 18 inches and the chest panels will be 24 inches.

image.thumb.jpeg.ab0ad40ae793149de0665fdbc97ad5d4.jpeg

Or I could be on the way to the hospital at any point for the birth of my second son any minute now. Wife is at 38 weeks so getting close. Will be a busy weekend either way.

Nice job on both projects Trey. You are really progressing. 

Congrats on the baby. Keep us posted. 

After a few days of attending to more mundane matters (did get a few nice meals out of it) it's back to finishing up repairs to my mistakes and reassembling the chest. Man, I'll be so happy when this thing is shipped.