February 15, 20179 yr Author comment_98105 NEW CLUE: The top folds up and backwards and slides down. When I get home from the doc I will reveal the giveaway clue. Report
February 15, 20179 yr comment_98130 A record player and a stereo component cabinet. Looks like another cabinet, maybe a speaker) with same finish to the right and one picture has a cord in it. Roly Edited February 15, 20179 yr by Roly Report
February 15, 20179 yr comment_98131 2 hours ago, steamshovel said: NEW CLUE: The top folds up and backwards and slides down. When I get home from the doc I will reveal the giveaway clue. ah, well with that clue, i have it! - duct tape storage cabinet! what do i win!!!???? (i might be just a tad off, but i know i'm very close) Report
February 15, 20179 yr comment_98170 12 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said: sewing machine cabinet You need to guess the type of wood with that. Report
February 15, 20179 yr Author Popular Post comment_98178 Ok we have two winners: Fred W. Hargis Jr. said elm burl. Close enough it is Carpathian Elm burl named after a mountain range in Europe. grandpa Dave 52 said a sewing machine cabinet, I will send you a prize-not a sewing machine cabinet. send me a private message with your address. enclosed more pictures Report
February 15, 20179 yr comment_98182 well, i was close with the duct tape storage. it holds stuff together, just like thread does. very nice piece. Report
February 15, 20179 yr comment_98186 On 2/13/2017 at 6:54 PM, Grandpadave52 said: Hemlock burl... 33-1/3 RPM storage cabinet... 1 hour ago, HandyDan said: You need to guess the type of wood with that. Did that with 1st guess...went practical thinking of wood species native to Idaho...knew it wasn't potato wood..but I do really enjoy Idaho potatoes... Report
February 15, 20179 yr comment_98187 Preston that is by far the most exquisite sewing cabinet I've ever seen...any Singer or Brother should be proud to be encased in that fashion... BTW...my wife saw the initial pictures and said "oh that is beautiful!" Don't think I've ever heard that about anything I've made.. Report
February 16, 20179 yr comment_98194 That is so cool ,Preston, That will be a heirloom for sure. Love the design and even if it wasn't the spectacular wood, it is fantastic . Herb Report
February 16, 20179 yr comment_98195 Sewing machines....the original source of "pedal to the metal". Love that cabinet. Report
February 16, 20179 yr Popular Post comment_98242 Beautifully veneered cabinet. Excellent build execution. Neat details. I'll NOT be showing this to Phyllis. She'd for sure want to replace her saw horses and two bys arrangement. Report
February 16, 20179 yr Author Popular Post comment_98256 I bought my wife a sewing machine for Christmas our 1st year. A sewing machine looks like a sewing machine. It doesn't go good in the living room, dining room, kitchen, etc. She wanted something that would fit in with the other furniture. That was how this sewing machine came about. When se was finished sewing she could fold it back together and put a vase of flowers or whatever on top. People would comment on what a nice piece of furniture and would ask what it was/ when told they would say no way. Preston Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.