Start and stop, again

Seems like everytime I get going good down in the shop, I have to stop and play "Driving Miss Daisey"  for the Boss.  Usually takes up half the day......like this morning's excursion into the Dungeon Shop..

Got some things moved around, and finished the last mortise on the #1 side frame..

seat support mortise.JPG

Looking decent enough.   Had a few trips upstairs to bring down other tools......then had to clear almost everything off the bench, cleanest it has been in weeks, BTW, just to set #2 side frame where I could work on it

cleared bench.JPG

Even the chisel rack was emptied out.  Laid out for some more mortises..

mortise marked out.JPG

And allowed a few tools back onto the bench.

.tool pile.JPG

You know, just the needful ones, right.  Got to chopping away, soon had one mortise fitted

fitted.JPG

Square is set to the depth I have to dig to.    Then I had to add the flat area.  Cleaned that up with a plane or two.    More chopping, and the next hole was dug..

second mortise.JPG

Been using that #78 to polish the flats a bit.    Decided to stop ( my mistake) and place side frame #1 back in place, to check the fits, and the front seat support...

test fits.JPG

Quite a bit of fine tuning to do, someday.   Still need to do the front and rear support's mortises.  Got just to this point.....time to go drive someone around town, again....

Well, picked up some sandpaper and two 7/8" dowels.    Those will go through the front legs and the back legs, and maybe a wedge.  Should be fun to drill that. IF I get some more shoptime, I can chop two mortises, and then figure out HOW to glue this thing up.     Once it does get out of the army of clamps, I can fit the center seat support, and those dowels.   Oh, and I guess i had better resaw some slats for a seat?   Need to make some armrests...much later..

Now, getting shop time?   Twould be a nice thing, it would.....

I did try a partial glue up this afternoon.....meh.....not as good as I wanted it to go....will try to do a better one tomorrow, after I cut a bunch of "V" blocks for the clamps to sit on round objects better.  

Hey, I drive her around, then nap in the van until she's done.   Old Pharte Power naps.....