Shopsmith Dedicated Table Saw

Rate this topic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I'm not trying to convince anyone to get one or that you should have one.  I am just showing that you can do whatever you are able to do on most other machines.  The Shopsmith has it's limits.  Se

Oh man Gunny, why not? I could see it now,   Student: Mr. Woodbutcher, could you please go over one more time how you fit two table saws into one system and what the benefits are?

Had a neighbor with a SS back 40 years ago and thought "that would be nice to have in my small shop" . That is until I saw the price and then all that set up stuff. Now with the 24x36 I will just run

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, John Morris said:

You'd be an ER guy Larry, if you ever did consider an SS in your shop. Those old er's are pretty danged cool, and you can shorty them as well.

I'd have to find a winning lottery ticket. Ho_Hum.thumb.gif.05b271113255b404c9d015ba00935611.gif

5 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

I'd have to find a winning lottery ticket. Ho_Hum.thumb.gif.05b271113255b404c9d015ba00935611.gif

It wouldn't have to be a big ticket, you can get a fully stocked er for a couple hundred bucks plus or minus.

Here's one for a hundred bucks. Base model.

00K0K_jNlCjl5BhmB_600x450.jpg
ORANGECOUNTY.CRAIGSLIST.ORG

Moving out of state - priced to sell - have 2 - one was my grandfathers and was one of the...

250.00 with the Jigsaw

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Shopsmith 10ER Accessories Table, Jig Saw, Lathe, Router, Drill Press. Condition is Used.

Depending on where we are at in life though, 100 bucks may as well be a million, depends what time of the month it is, that's me.

Just now, Larry Buskirk said:

Around here they're more in the $500.00-1000.00 range.:Tapping:

What! Looks like a rucker may be in order. :) Is that what we call it, rucker? Trans to other states via folks going the same direction as the machine?

The "Rucker" term is correct.

I just did a quick check of my area and there's a base early E listed for $350.00 the prices go to $1200+ for what appears to be a Mark V that is pretty well equipped. All listings at least 90 miles one way.

1 minute ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Basically a new 56 year old machine! :TwoThumbsUp:

Ya she's pretty, reading more into it, seems like most the paint is original. Very sad story about the original owner though. How sad, the man gets a new machine in his home, before he can use it, he's gone, very sad. :(

3 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

I don't know $350.00 for just the base machine. :unsure: And it looks pretty rough.

I think 350 is high. In my example above, the 100 dollar would be a nice one. From what the owner says it all works, so it'd be a case of cosmetics if he truly knows what he's talking about.

@Larry Buskirk, I know it's more than we'd want to spend right now, but for just a pricing gauge, here's a fully functional nice looking ER for 600.

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Not like the lower quality that was produced in later years. Pulley system is manual adjustable From the highest speed to the...