Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Ron Altier

Wood workers other interests

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, John Morris said:

But I do love the Internationals. 

My neighbor had a longing for a truck just like that and found a beauty!  All redone, bought it for about 10K.  Had it maybe a month and health issues forced a sale.  Got most of his money back, but I felt terrible for him. 

Jim

I restored a '59 and 1/2 Ford F 100 short bed. Three on the tree. Replaced the puny 223 with a less puny 300 with bores to accept Ford's 351 pistons. Never could figure out the true CID. Left the tranny alone but replaced the rear end with a higher ratio one. She'd only do about 80 mph but she was a stump puller!  Painted her Dodge red and stuck on two step oak bed rails. Kept the original white wheels. Had plans to replace the bed with oak and chrome but, she got T boned before I could get that done. No injuries and, only got $1750 from the other driver's insurance. 

That was my first and last attempt at a resto.