September 11, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_201260 14 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said: If you want to call it a cross lap joint, then that's what it is. Extreme Cross Lap Joint or Ultimate Cross Lap joint. Needs that flare to catch the eye, all about the marketing. Report
September 18, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_201930 On 9/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, FlGatorwood said: I love this contraption. Are you going to use a toe stop or overhang the table enough to not worry about a toe stop? Same question here..kicking the cabinet as I work. I do love drawers for dust but hate how they hide those forgotten or buried tools. Report
September 19, 20197 yr Author Popular Post comment_202084 On 9/18/2019 at 12:27 AM, BillyJack said: Same question here..kicking the cabinet as I work. I do love drawers for dust but hate how they hide those forgotten or buried tools. Ordering new tape for the label maker. Between evenings and weekends at the theater set build, I got the RSF end guides on, hand-holds cut and top laminated this week -- two 3/4" BCX plywood, good side out, 1/2 gal of Titebond. Yes, you can never have too many clamps. Next is to attach it and put on the Emmert vice. I think I'm going to need help with that, holding up a 75 lb vice while screwing in some #14 screws is not a one-man job. Report
September 19, 20197 yr Author Popular Post comment_202091 You can never have too many clamps. Truth. There is not a time when I use them all at once, but many times, I have to stop and wait for glue to dry because I've used all of a certain size or type. Report
September 19, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_202096 I don't think i can run out of clamps. Just the ones i prefer...But I always have enough There is a difference between cabinetry clamps and furniture making clamps... Edited September 19, 20197 yr by BillyJack Report
September 20, 20197 yr Popular Post comment_202110 Myself I can always use extra, anybody have some they don't want the door is always open. Report
September 24, 20197 yr Author comment_202587 On 9/22/2019 at 3:42 PM, BillyJack said: How much hangover did you give yourself for the top? about 1.75 inches. Enough for a clamp Report
September 24, 20197 yr comment_202639 That's about the minimum. I found 3-5 inches gaver me more support and kept the work rolling off the table.... Report
November 30, 20196 yr Author Popular Post comment_210770 sorry if this is a repeat, but I'm not sure I ever posted the "after" photos of he bench. Report
November 30, 20196 yr comment_210778 Great job on the table, but my favorite part is the vice. Report
November 30, 20196 yr Author Popular Post comment_210791 1 hour ago, FlGatorwood said: Great job on the table, but my favorite part is the vice. Yeah, it's been sitting on the floor for 20 years waiting for a spot. I got it for $125 and I found they're now going for $800-1200. Should have bought 1000 of them. It was a bear to install as it weighs 85 or so pounds. I read some advise to take it apart and secure the bench side. When I did that, I had a hard time getting the front half to attach. It turned out that the back part of the square insert was not aligning with the back ring on the vise. But it happened on the first half turn of engaging the screw. If it had been just a bit longer, it would have been more obvious. Report
November 30, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_210793 Nice! All those drawers. You'll never run out of space. Report
December 1, 20196 yr comment_210810 2 hours ago, HandyDan said: Nice! All those drawers. You'll never run out of space. Yea you just wait and see......I thought drawers were answers but found them to be a problem..one may only use a few tools but he's only happy when he has too many... Report
December 1, 20196 yr comment_210811 2 hours ago, HandyDan said: You'll never run out of space. Nah, they are like clamps, can't have enough. But I will say I have started putting tape on them with what is inside. Memory is great but recall is touchy. Report
December 1, 20196 yr comment_210813 The taller the drawer the more I lose. I think if you keep them thin and to the point you can keep them in order but too deep and your on a treasure hunt... Report
December 1, 20196 yr comment_210819 Love having all those drawers. One question is that there is a opening at the top of each drawer. Would not having an additional strip to fill that space reduce dust getting into drawers? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.