Rate this topic

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear or make another BAD sketch.

I wanted to make a full length slot at the 38" side with a 3" wide slot.

I'm thinking close the gap on the 18" up to the top of the straight right angle cut and then take a right angle on the leftover angle. It's that clear our do you need me to draw it?

I see about the casters being "recessed" within the frame. I'm still confused about how much of the unit will be "open". From the second drawing, I interpret that shelves will be accessible while the unit is in place under the stairs. In the first drawing the shelves look like they would be accessible when the unit is pulled out from under the stairs.

Am I correct with what I have added to your drawing, about removing this portion. Would that be on both "ends as well?

20181208_164309.jpg.e08d38785d1ed74fa5e6ef3784502cda.jpg.c0477064ff276fea533aec749c4bcebe.jpg

The triangle shape will be on the four rear dividers. The front that's open when under the stairs will be sqaured off at the 18" height the dotted lines will connect to the two partitions you drew in already with two small strips.

I figure just go 18" all the way across to support those and close in the back bins at the same time.

I think that works. Any suggestions from you?? Or the gang?

Edited by Pat Meeuwissen

One area I had some concerns was the way you originally drew the vertical plywood storage and its mechanical connection to the base-

base.jpg.e55755f7994097fde082812cee6c6107.jpg

I think the unit would be stronger if it were modified to e more like this-

base1.jpg.2dad98e5335686c52eed7320b5f421d2.jpg

Just my thoughts. I'll wait to make another drawing to see if the other guys have suggestions, if that's OK with you. Let me know when you want me to go ahead and create the next Sketchup drawing.

No, I'm going to do it like this. If you watch the video it shows in the first minute or so. I have 6 wheels I think this will keep it running straight in and out like I want to.

I like your fix for the support and just make it shorter to allow my wheel assembly to mount underneath. How do you like the wheel idea?

I like that wheel idea! Should make pulling out/push in really easy and while keeping it straight.

I always keep an eye out for those type of skates. The wheels make great lathe steady rest wheels as well as cart wheels.

If I shorten the overall carcass height by 2 1/2" (38" becomes 35 1/2" and 18" becomes 15 1/2") that should allow room for your wheels and keep the angle degrees the same. DO you agree??

Sounds right. I will definitely build to fit don't think the "exact" dimensions will be real close but might vary slightly. 

1 minute ago, Pat Meeuwissen said:

Sounds right. I will definitely build to fit don't think the "exact" dimensions will be real close but might vary slightly. 

OK, I'll draw you something up. I did see something else. You do want those two small shelves above the 18" level, right?