Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
CharlieL

Delta 50-760 Dust Collector, 1&1/2 Hp With 2 Nd Stage

Rate this topic

You should be, nice clean design. How hard is it to pull the drum to empty it?

Thankyou Fred. It's pretty quick and easy to empty, just losein a radiator clamp on the top of the drum, and the inlet hose, remove drum from DC, then simply unclamp the ring at the top of the drum to remove the lid. The whole process is about equal to what it takes to empty a cyclone. 

I also make a similar separator that is 5 gal in size, I use it on a small sandblasting cabinet. Keeps the air inside the blaster cleaner so I can see what I'm blasting inside the cabinet.

5GalSideInlet2.jpg

Very pretty pieces Charlie, far above par work, as always.

Any pictures of the separator details?  Is that a metal can?  Did you weld the side extension piece on?  What is the orientation of the separator internals?

@CharlieL,

I received the following in an email but did not see this in the post so I cut and pasted it here. 

My apologies if my post appeared to be asking for free details.  I have the same Dust Collector and several years ago I made the Thien pre-separator using a 20 gallon trash can.  It has worked very well.  I was merely curious when you posted your pictures.  Again, my apologies for not being more explicit about the reason for my post.  

Hi JIMMIEM,
CharlieL has posted a comment on a topic, Delta 50-760 Dust Collector, 1&1/2 Hp With 2 Nd Stage

Posted in Delta 50-760 Dust Collector, 1&1/2 Hp With 2 Nd Stage

It is a metal can. I do not give out free details on how to build things that I came up with. I like to think that my skills and time are worth something.

It wasn't I who removed the post. That was nice of you Jim to clear that up and apologize, thankyou. It's also nice, and I'm glad that you understand, I can and usually do put a lot more time into projects then some people may be able to imagine or realize. For instance the 5 gallon separator that I also show in this thread I'm very happy with it, but yet someday I'd like to redo the lid just to make emptying the seperator just a little simpler, much like the one used with the dust collector, and that will involve practically starting over with another steel container. The dust collection hoods that I also make from sheet metal and for a couple machines I also have a lot of time into getting them as good and efficient as I can. In a nut shell, Made with pride in the USA.

Edited by CharlieL

6 hours ago, CharlieL said:

Whatever.

What's wrong now Charlie?