Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

Rate this topic

On 4/8/2019 at 3:58 PM, Ynot said:

Main project - my drill press wen t crazy on me.

Tried to make a circle cut and darn thing started to move down and got jammed into wood.

Any suggestion how to make it lose? Other then a bomb?.... LOL

Ynot

While I am not familiar with your drill press, I do have some questions that may help you?  Does the table adjust height?  If you can lower the table, that may work.  If the table won't work, a bottle jack with a piece of wood can raise the head or spindle.  It may also be possible to remove the drill bit if the chuck spindle will retrieve.  It sounds as if a belt may have slipped off a pulley.  I would check that if it were mine.  Otherwise, I am out of ideas.  Hope you success.  

Edit: Just had another thought about a spring on the feed handle.  Is it working?  Is it in place and not broken?  You got me going now!!!

Edited by FlGatorwood
additonal thoughts

On 4/13/2019 at 12:29 PM, John Morris said:

From the beginning, through thick and thin. I've landed on the wrong side of Steve a few times, seemed to always work it out though. Morris' site is completely happy you are here. :)

You mean Steve the Trim carpenter from south Missouri?

No, Steve the dungeon dweller  from west central Ohio....only time I was in Missouri, was as a "guest" of Uncle Sam...at Fort Lost in the Woods, Misery...about a 2 month stay.

Anymore, I refuse to even touch the magazine from WOOD....let alone glance through it...

Edited by steven newman