New Project

Masonsailor

She is actually really good at it. Our first several houses we drew all our own plans. That was back in the early 80’s when you could do that. Didn’t get a lot done today. Got about half of the discs cut. I should have it glued up tomorrow morning. 
Paul

93DD7BF1-BB1B-4EE0-83D5-72D260BE5A4F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Masonsailor said:

She is actually really good at it.

Definitely a plus.  It is one thing to say hey make this.  Whole another ball game when they get involved and make drawings.  :TwoThumbsUp:

My wife things the shop is where magic happens....  Rarely asks for something to be made, now fixing things she has days where I wonder if her goal was to destroy the house and everything in it.  :ROFL:

Paul, you are extremely lucky in that your wife can make a real drawing.  So many folks don't have a clue and some folks can't be taught.  I used to love mechanical drawing.  It looks rather simple, not all that complex.  Can hardly wait until it is completed and we get to see a picture.  

Interesting about the drawing.   I was never allowed to take drafting (or for that matter any other hand craft classes) in school, but when SWMBO and i were looking to build a house, we found a plan we liked and i got an architects scale, drawing pencil, and some vellum (or translucent bond?)...it was over 30 years ago...   Anyway, i drew our house plan and that's what's on file in the county.  it was totally off the top of my head stuff with the outlets, switches, everything.   Other than what my builder F :angry:did, it's pretty much just like i drew it.    Some of you may recognize these.   :)

lead and holder-1.jpg

lead pointer-1.jpg

Edited by p_toad

• 2 weeks later...