2nd fun rooster

Smallpatch

54 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Is Jess's work Intarsia? School me folks.

As I understand it Jess's work is segmentation, i.e. all pieces cut from one large piece and then the pieces sanded or carved, then stained, dyed or painted as desired.

Inartsia is cutting the individual pieces from separate small(er) sections of wood, which are selected for color and grain. very little to no staining for color is done (just to protect the wood)

5 hours ago, Wichman3 said:

As I understand it Jess's work is segmentation, i.e. all pieces cut from one large piece and then the pieces sanded or carved, then stained, dyed or painted as desired.

Inartsia is cutting the individual pieces from separate small(er) sections of wood, which are selected for color and grain. very little to no staining for color is done (just to protect the wood)

Thank ya!

16 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

John, to see some intarsia, do a You Tube search for Judy Gale Roberts. 

Thanks Gene, I know what Intarsia is, just wasn't sure if Jess's work fell into that category or not.:)

We don't have to look too far to see some fantastic Intarsia than in our own community!

15 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

You are right. Mike is a great intarsia artist. Just thought Roberts' You Tube shop tour would be of interest. 

I did Gene! And I watched! And because I watched I lost my frame of time and now I am late for work! :lol:

Thanks for the lead. :)

Outta here!

10 hours ago, John Morris said:

Awe come on Jess, we all get inspiration from somewhere! We are not all as unique and original as we like to think we are, even you copy images that came from someone else for your scroll saw patterns. ;)

And yes sir, you do fit into a category, the "Scroll Sawing" forum fits your work nicely, and keep that wonderful work coming Jess! I always enjoy your scrolling and colors.

Only Jesse could find an old wrecked car inspiration for a neat picture in wood. I think Jesse is a fine example of what is so great about the diverse group here on TPWW.  As WWBN said, none of us fit in a box. At least....not yet.;)

20 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

And, I 'm too careless to get it right. :(  But hey, one minor fo paux per day isn't bad.....:lol: 

That's not carelessness Gene, that's called, IDGAD syndrome. And you've earned that right around here!

Anyways, I apologise for hijacking this topic with my insane crusade to keep our community organized, let's get back to Jess's work! I love it no matter what it's called, and I am proud that Jess has chosen to showcase here among many places to visit. Cheers y'all!