November 3, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_207529 This is completely cool, you guys look terrific! Artie, now you have Al's band-saw box in your home, you can now copy a master, and get good at them too! Al, you haven't changed since last meeting either, what the heck are you eating! I like the idea of a New England grand meeting, just like we did for Fred Hargis's meeting, let us know time and place, and we'll make sure to get some door prizes, goodies, and swag to the meeting from our sponsors, just too spice it up a bit, and we'd love to chip in for drinks and food too! I love seeing you guys get together like this, what's more important than our craft in this community, is when good friendships are made as a result of meeting up here on TPW, my heart swells when I see these relationships form. Report
November 3, 20196 yr Author Popular Post comment_207535 3 hours ago, RedMGB said: Great picture and nice shop. Where's the sawdust? Jim In the barrel, where it belongs LOL. Report
November 3, 20196 yr Author Popular Post comment_207536 3 hours ago, RedMGB said: Perhaps the Executive Board of the New England TPW would consider extending the invitations to those of us in NY/PA? Of course crowd control might be a major factor. Jim We wuz gonna send an invite to all on this side of the Mississippi, but then the jet had those blow-outs Report
November 3, 20196 yr Author Popular Post comment_207544 14 minutes ago, John Morris said: This is completely cool, you guys look terrific! Artie, now you have Al's band-saw box in your home, you can now copy a master, and get good at them too! Al, you haven't changed since last meeting either, what the heck are you eating! I like the idea of a New England grand meeting, just like we did for Fred Hargis's meeting, let us know time and place, and we'll make sure to get some door prizes, goodies, and swag to the meeting from our sponsors, just too spice it up a bit, and we'd love to chip in for drinks and food too! I love seeing you guys get together like this, what's more important than our craft in this community, is when good friendships are made as a result of meeting up here on TPW, my heart swells when I see these relationships form. John, any chance Courtland could make the next one?? LOL I got no idea where everyone could park, and the Missus might need to be persuaded (Can’t have people coming over, that she doesn’t know, without the place looking all spic-and-span), and we might have to take turns sitting in the shop cause it’s maybe 15 feet by 18 feet, but Yeah I’d make that all work to see some more of us, in person. It was a really good day, and I think Al has forgotten more about WW’ing then I know I would elaborate more, but we’ve got to go over our son’s house and do front brakes on the Missus’s car. Report
November 10, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_208272 On 11/3/2019 at 8:24 AM, Artie said: We wuz gonna send an invite to all on this side of the Mississippi, but then the jet had those blow-outs Who needs a jet? Report
November 11, 20196 yr comment_208410 On 11/3/2019 at 9:31 AM, Artie said: It was a really good day, and I think Al has forgotten more about WW’ing then I know Artie really doesn't give himself enough credit for his woodworking skills. He showed me some of his scroll saw fret work . I wouldn't have the patience to do what he has accomplished. After a close look at his shop, he has demonstrated a lot of skill in the construction of his work benches and storage facilities for all of his ShopSmith attachments. Pull out shelves everywhere. Same for all of his saw blades. No reason why you should be lacking in confidence Artie, you can build whatever you wish to build. Report
November 11, 20196 yr Author Popular Post comment_208430 Okay, this is where the blushing emoji needs to pop up. Another weekend gone by with no shop time Report
November 12, 20196 yr comment_208437 No time for shop time here. Way too many leaves have fallen ! Wish the oaks would stop ! Report
November 12, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_208443 1 hour ago, Al B said: Wish the oaks would stop ! This works, might be a tad overkill but hey it works. Report
November 12, 20196 yr comment_208445 That might work but I'm afraid it might take the shop with it. Report
November 12, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_208491 13 hours ago, Artie said: Okay, this is where the blushing emoji needs to pop up. There you go Artie, Fixed it for you. Report
November 26, 20196 yr Popular Post comment_210216 On 11/11/2019 at 8:50 PM, Woodbutcherbynight said: This works, might be a tad overkill but hey it works. That's some heavy duty fractal burning. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.