Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Monkey Paws

Antique Parks Bandsaw Restoration Project

Rate this topic

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Monkey Paws -
Monkey Paws -

Top Posters

Several things: WELCOME!

Second, I found this one over at OWWM that looks an awful lot like yours.

Third, that is so cool!

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

Welcome to The Patriot Woodworker Mon. Great looking old saw for it's age and should restore beautifully. Looking forward to seeing the transformation.

I've seen a few similar on CL in my general area and they always seem to command a handsome price.

You're going to make @Larry Buskirk drool when he sees this post. I suspect he'll have some great suggestions & tips to help you along the journey.

Hi, and welcome to the site.:D

I could be wrong but the serpentine wheels don't say Parks to me. :998427331_ChinScratch:

I know I've seen those wheels, but where? :2087728586_WonderScratch: :705413577_PullingHair:

You may have part of what originally was a combination woodworking machine.??

Does it have any other markings?

Anyways it's a fine old machine.:2030125484_TwoThumbsUp:

I have been told that it looks like a Parks but it is not because of the wheels

Hey Mon don't be offended if I only ask about those awesome brackets you made for your fishing poles that attach to your garage door! :lol: Those are awesome!

By the way, did you still need help changing your screen name?

That is a one handsome hunk of old iron, regardless of who made it. It's going to be just gorgeous after you restore it. It'll be a great addition to your stable.

3 hours ago, John Morris said:

Hey Mon don't be offended if I only ask about those awesome brackets you made for your fishing poles that attach to your garage door! :lol: Those are awesome!

By the way, did you still need help changing your screen name?

John, I have been asked about my fishing pole brackets many times so no I am not offended. The fishing pole brackets are made from scrap wood and attached in between the garage door panels. This keeps my fishing poles from getting broken plus the door still opens normally.

Yes I need to change "Mon" to Monkey Paws". If you can do this it would be greatly appreciated.

43 minutes ago, Monkey Paws said:

Yes I need to change "Mon" to Monkey Paws". If you can do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Done!

And thanks for the showing off the awesome pole brackets too, I had never though of anything like that, making my sectional door perform another task, brilliant!

Gene,

If you are interested you can see some of my work in my profile pictures. I like trying to do it all. If it's old I like it.

Not only are your interests eclectic but, your pursuit of them displays some exceptional talent. We are lucky you came aboard here. Thank you for sharing some of your beautiful work.

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Not only are your interests eclectic but, your pursuit of them displays some exceptional talent. We are lucky you came aboard here. Thank you for sharing some of your beautiful work.

YEAH! What he said! +1.        Welcome, I’m looking forwards to seeing how this one turns out! 

:998427331_ChinScratch: The more I look, the more I suspect you have the upper bandsaw frame from a combination woodworking machine. There are three different style wheels and a latter style v-belt pulley with the lower shaft ran in pillow block style bearings. 

Whatever it is, it appears to have been rather well done.

Edited by Larry Buskirk