Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Tags are now required for all content items in our community. We appreciate your participation and patience as we work through this new requirement for topics, gallery images, blogs, and more. This is an exciting resource for all our members to use, with one click on a tag, you can see articles, topics and all our content that is similarly tagged the same. Please read Tagging Your Content for instructions on how to use our tagging system.

John Morris

Land Surveying Equipment Lockers (Build In Progress)

Rate this topic

As I started reading, I was going to suggest pre-finished.   Good choice.

3 minutes ago, kmealy said:

As I started reading, I was going to suggest pre-finished.   Good choice.

First time I have ever used pre-finished Keith, I love it, if I do case work again that requires a clear coat finish, this is the way to go. Really, no finishing? How cool is that! A money maker if you are in the business of case work, and a great time saver.

Looks good so far John.

Hope you have help to load them. The weight of those units are going to fool folks.

Edited by Grandpadave52

5 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Looks good so far John.

Hope to have help to load them. The weight of those units are going to fool folks.

They're starting to get heavy already Gramps. I'll have help loading them up for sure, thank goodness!

1786240418_EquipmentLockers(2).jpg.0d0edc485f06a86550d9f92d3b7b0480-1.jpg.23079dadc9263af8da07f08ab7477bf2.jpg

Nice iron in the background...you been holding out on us...?

Looking forward to the rest of the build...

What are they going to do when you retire for all these building projects? Looks like it will be really sturdy.

16 hours ago, schnewj said:

Nice iron in the background...you been holding out on us...?

Looking forward to the rest of the build...

thanks Bill, the build is going good, it was all aholes and elbows in my shop today trying to meet deadline, but it aint gonna happen. I finally just said, screw it, it is what it is. I started in on the second cabinet today, I am supposed to have the third done by end of business tomorrow, but I called the boss and said, it just aint gonna happen, more like next week, they were fine with that.

The iron is my collection I absolutely love, I spent the better part of the last 10 years acquiring those planes you see, they replaced my Stanley's. In the background is a mix of Veritas and Lie Nielsen, I absolutely love them, and they are lovely to use. The shaves hanging on the wall I have not had a chance to use yet, I bought them last year with a little bit of tax refund while I was getting into my shaker rocker, and I decided I want to use some shaves in the process, so I picked up the whole Veritas chair set of shaves, so now all I gotta do is start another chair!

16 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

There is something so satisfying about building a box that squares up with that last piece. Nice work.

Even if it was by accident! :lol:

15 hours ago, lew said:

Those are going to be some mighty fine looking lockers, John!

Thanks Lew, they are turning out quite nice, the guys at work should happy.

11 hours ago, Gerald said:

What are they going to do when you retire for all these building projects? Looks like it will be really sturdy.

Well Gerald, I guess they'll see what a real professional cost when they have to go out and hire, and pay prevailing wages for a contractor insured and bonded and with a ton of overhead! :lol: Ya, they'll miss me.

8 hours ago, DAB said:

you still need some fret-work and corbels..... :)

You know, I just may have to surprise the guys with some extra unplanned styling DAB, thanks for the suggestion!

Mystery of the lumber stack solved.

Nice, clean work. Betcha you could hire out as a cabinet maker if this surveying gig doesn't pan out.;)

what Gene said...

but only...

VERY nice, clean work.....

41 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Mystery of the lumber stack solved.

Well actually Gene, I only need three of those sheets for the doors, the rest goes back to the office storage. The ply sheets on my bench in the other topic were today, before I cleared off my bench to make room for another surveyors office project, a retirement gift for one of our retirees. Those cabinets were installed about a week and a half ago.

Thanks for the kudos!