May 11, 20188 yr Popular Post comment_148965 I have been working on upgrading my machine stands with drawers to store things associated with that machine. My latest is the Sliding router table stand. Report
May 11, 20188 yr Author comment_148967 And the final pictures of the storage compartment. Herb Report
May 11, 20188 yr comment_148973 Holy moley Herb! That's over the top! Great PIP series. Thank-you very much... Now, in your spare time, show us your DC system. I'm really intrigued by your manifold union connection point. Very ingenuous. Report
May 11, 20188 yr Author Popular Post comment_148979 24 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said: Holy moley Herb! That's over the top! Great PIP series. Thank-you very much... Now, in your spare time, show us your DC system. I'm really intrigued by your manifold union connection point. Very ingenuous. When I installed the DC system I didn't want to be tripping on flex hose all over the shop, so I built a 8X8 hollow column and ran a 6" PVC duct down into the top of the column. Then put some 6" and 4" ports in the sides. That way I could bunch up the power tools on casters around the "Tree", and plug in the elec. and DC. When I use them I can either use them in place or wheel them out for more room Report
May 11, 20188 yr comment_149014 Holy moley 2! Totally impressive! Well thought out and implemented. I can at least dream in 3D about having such a system I suspect best to keep small animals away from any openings Thanks Herb for taking the time to post. Much appreciated. Report
May 11, 20188 yr comment_149020 Amazing...freakin' amazing... ...and your use of square footage is equally amazing... WOW ! ! ! Report
May 11, 20188 yr Author comment_149045 5 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said: Holy moley 2! Totally impressive! Well thought out and implemented. I can at least dream in 3D about having such a system I suspect best to keep small animals away from any openings Thanks Herb for taking the time to post. Much appreciated. By accident I did suck up a can of 3 and 1 oil, never saw it again. LOL Herb Report
May 13, 20188 yr comment_149141 On 5/11/2018 at 1:36 PM, Dadio said: By accident I did suck up a can of 3 and 1 oil, never saw it again. LOL Herb Probably tough on the impeller, but at least it got lubricated. Great job on the upgrades, why did you cut out the bottom of the router box, to get in fresh air?? Report
May 13, 20188 yr Author comment_149160 Pat, the way my DC is set up the fan sucks out of the top of the cyclone, the only dust it sees is in the air going to the filters, which is fine dust. anything heavy has already fallen out. Good observation though. The router motor is sucking in air to cool the motor, if it is enclosed inside the box,two things occur, First is that it is sucking chips through the motor, and secoundly it is fighting the dust collector which is trying to pull air out of the box, thus cutting down airflow. The DC air flow out of the box keeps the chips from falling through the bottom (around the cut out) because air is being sucked into the box. Herb Report
May 13, 20188 yr comment_149171 7 hours ago, Pat Meeuwissen said: Probably tough on the impeller, but at least it got lubricated. Report
May 14, 20188 yr Author comment_149224 Udate: I received the plastic bushings and loaded up the tray with bits. Herb Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.