April 21, 20188 yr comment_147142 4 minutes ago, Dadio said: You mean she only flew one night a year? Herb Yep, you guessed it...Valentines Day! Report
April 24, 20188 yr Author comment_147507 Well, back on topic. I think I got it fixed. Repair shop could not find a crank that would work. So I got a new set screw (6mm) thinking that might have been what stripped. Nope. Re-tapped to 1/4x20, since I had a bunch of those. Nope, not enough difference. Tried again with 5/16 and that seems to be working. Last time I had a Griz problem was a set screw way down inside a jig saw. Griz insisted it was 1/4", but turned out it was 6mm. And another bolt was an odd-thread 1/2". Could not find one anywhere, so retapped that one, too. Report
April 24, 20188 yr comment_147518 That is what I do too, re-tap. Glad you got it fixed for less than $20.00. Herb Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.