Patterns? Info?

Artie

5aa33976cd400_IMG_9277sprayadhesives.JPG.1a88d05e51439fb5f754bbcf931bf325.JPG

Artie I use all of these and can't tell the difference..  You are looking for 3M. I have used that and just because it is higher priced than all the rest I can't tell the difference

Home Depot, Lowes, Wallmart, Hobby Lobby , Michaels, Tractor supply , clothing stores.. 

Lots of Scroll sawing  pictures are in my pictures here on the Patriot Woodworker. I have been doing this a long time.. Thanks Cal for trying to help Artie.

Jess's Notebook.url

Artie if you will use clear packing tape on the wood first then either spray the back of the pattern  or as I do I put the spray on the clear packing tape. Then put the pattern on.  Then when through cutting out the pattern just pull off the clear tape and there is no cleaning up the wood with the sticky residue left there from the tape...

This time I will recommend using 3M Scotch brand packing tape. I think they have three grades and I like the SHIPPING grade. I think it is the thickest of the bunch. That is a Duck brand clear packing tape beside the 3M and it leaves too much stickum on the wood after the tape has been pulled off. Then one has to use lacquer thinner or paint thinner to remove the residue off the tape and is too much work.. Scotch tape works better than all the other I have used... Wallmart has a four pack which will save a little in the long run.

If you choose to stack cut say 4 or 5 pieces at a time of 1/8" or 1/4" Baltic Birch plywood then insert a sheet of wax paper between the sheets of plywood... This will grease the blade and make it last longer and is easier to cut while the blade is still good,, Any of the scotch brands are better than the duck or others..IMG_0125.JPG.ee19ca26187e277b1ebb51e0b3e46c13.JPG

This is the next to the thickest tape, storage...The thickest is shipping tape and will not rip up as easy.

I picked up a can of the general spray adhesive that Woodcraft sells, while I was getting the Baltic Birch, sawand light were delivered today, and now that I have got home from work and eaten, it’s finish this replay and down to my man closet and assemble the saw stand (and maybe make some sawdust tonight!!!). I appreciate all the ideas, advice, and opinions, time for the rubber to hit the road!