Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! January 8th, 2018

John Morris

Well then, Monday it is John!:P Great throw-back picture this week. I'd hoped to have a return to some degree of normalacy with everyone out the door and back to routines by 7:45A, but alas not to be..rain, ice, snow through the night and now heavy fog has area schools operating under 2 delays. At least we're above 30o to start the morning after 2+ weeks of sub-zero temps. Oldest grand-daughter did obtain her Driver's learner permit Saturday so good news I think...TBD.:o:rolleyes:

Continue running down a gas valve for the boiler after yesterday's no heat fiasco. Boiler continues to work as it should...IDK? Back to the normal daily kid shuttles for practices. Home swim meet tomorrow night, Conference prelims Thursday night, finals Saturday morning. Rest of the week TBD depending on what new catastrophes evolve...stay tuned. Work and be safe in all endeavors everybody.

Oh yeah, I seem to recall something about a football game later tonight...Go DAWGS:D

About that football game tonight, Roll Tide!!

havent been in the shop since finishing Christmas until this weekend. There are 10 shooting lanes at the range I work at and they wanted a shelf to go under the benches in each lane. I got them all cut out and pocket holes drilled and mostly assembled. Still have a divider that will go on one end that lets you roll up targets and insert them till you are ready. 

FA321792-1C8D-409F-860D-8E820D9126A4.jpeg

C398489A-7170-475E-8105-B8971C49B8A1.jpeg

No real serious woodwork but at least something to do. Still got to stain them the install at the range later this week. 

I do have a few other projects in the works and will get back to those later this week. 

Have gen a great week. 

Roll Tide!

Auburn beat both GA and AL. University of Central Florida beat Auburn and is undefeated. Sumpin' ain't right. 

Taking another rifle case in to the upholstery shop today. Then, start on a TV table/stand/cabinet. Present TV sits in a cabinet I built way back when a 24" TV was huge. Just gonna cut the top 5' off and put a wide top on it so the new 45" one will fit. Don't know what's to become of the upper part, yet. All 3/4 oak ply and oak face frames. 

57 minutes ago, John Moody said:

About that football game tonight, Roll Tide!!

Regardless of the team you choose to lose with tonight John:rolleyes:, it's GREAT to have you back posting on Monday's with us! You've been missed...Know you've been busy plus chauffeuring @Allen Worsham around:P and your back was out of sorts, BUT, great to see/hear things are cooking in the shop. 

43 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Roll Tide!

Ummm, @Cal...where r u?:lol: Too early to be sitting in the stadium.:rolleyes:

Monday?  Again?    Well, the weather outside the window is almost as ugly as the view in my mirror.....

Don't want to go to the shop, today....nothing else to do.    Safer to stay home.  

IF I get bored enough..I might try the shop, for a little while....we'll see....

1st Breakfast:  Mountain Dew and the pills

2nd Breakfast:   Cinnamon Swirl Toast and butter......

Maybe after Lunch....a wee bit of shop time?

and so the day dawns, the 4th monday this year..... :)

morning all.

delivering a nice oak IDPA box to a friend at the gun shop today, and picking up a new pistol too.  woot.

quiet time of the year here.  no projects pending.  need to think about how i'm going to design my office at home here.

2 minutes ago, lew said:

Try to get to the  lathe a little.

Nice picture, John. I believe that might be the Tormek V 0.5 on the right. 

ah yes, a "street urchin drive", not terribly reliable.  you have to feed those things constantly.  "more porridge?  haven't you had enough darling?"

2 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Ummm, @Cal...where r u?:lol: Too early to be sitting in the stadium.:rolleyes:

I am right here Dave!  The weather is actually cooperative right now - still on the cool side, but the wind is not blowing much at all.  It actually feels pretty nice out there after the last week to ten days or so.

Now, about that game...  I would love to be sitting in the stadium - but I would hate the long drive home in the rain (even after we win):D

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Roll Tide!

Auburn beat both GA and AL. University of Central Florida beat Auburn and is undefeated. Sumpin' ain't right. 

Gene, a lot has been written about this.  I do not disagree with the premise that the playoffs and subsequent championship should be among conference champions.  Is there any other sport where the "big game" players are decided this way?  I've heard the argument that it would increase the number of games that would be played... it's not like the coach's aren't paid enough:o

In any event, I shall be parked in front of the TV tonight!  GOOOOO DAWGS!!!!  WOOF WOOF WOOF;)

Edited by Cal