Hello Patriot Woodworkerlings.

Grandpadave52

17 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Sorry Stick...if only I had known earlier I could have bought you a NIB Dell keyboard for $5 at a yard sale today...but remember I came in peace so as not to harm anyone

For only a few $$'s a month you can get one of those alert things that sends someone crashing through your door to help you up...if you sign up now I think you also get an inflatable whoopie cushion too or something like that...

I suppose John & Team will make me put a disclaimer and SNORK warning on my posts because of this...barely 24 hours here and headed to the time out chair....geez I hope I don't have to build it too.

No problemo w/ the keyboard...

DAV has them for for around 1~2 bucks...

that crashing through the front door isn't going to get it... believe the dogs won't allow it... which will start a chain of events that will put a whole new meaning to ""the Never Ending Story"" and if the dogs are harmed or suffer any duress at all that will really PMO till no end which will beget more professionals to help the 1st batch of bungling professionals and because they are all clueless a 3rd set of professionals is dispatched and all of theses professionals' god complexes start stepping all over each other which begets a spun off life of it's own and this snowballing to point of making world news and the news bulletins interrupting the soaps then planet becoming too small or not big enough to hide us because of the wrath the bulletins will generate and then because eventually we'll run out of professionals the stock of wanna be professionals will get get tapped into and then w/ you being the mastermind/ring leader and then the party shows up on your front lawn which will PO yur wife till no end which all of us will feel via the cause and effect ripple which will PO the membership's SOs which will be taken in a dim light and a poorer frame of minds by them because of the blooming eruption of drama which will mushroom and spill back into the forum because they have no where to hide/escape to and the membership will be quite/very miffed w/ us and then out come the pitch forks, torches, cauldrons of boiling oil and tar which beget hundreds of naked birds who had absolutely nothing to do w/ this running around freezing which begets a whole new realm of activist jumping into the fracas because of animals being harmed and then the environmentalist show up wanting a big piece of our now worthless hides because of the acres of old growth choice hardwoods that were cut down to fuel the stake fire and get the cauldrons boiling make pikes and impalers which PO untold numbers of woodworkers because the new shortage of hardwoods drives the BF price sky high which causes many of these WW'ers to give up their passion which SOs resent because the ''Honeydew"" list isn't any more which adds to the drama of more irked SOs and the trickle down effect cause the kinder to throw world class tantrums because their world has been interrupted so now it's enter social services and we all know how in the wink of an eye deep that is going to get and all this ruckus attracts the attention of the EPA because of all fires/smoke/air pollution and the IRS because of the wage taxes and incomes being generated because all these professionals are in it for the paycheck not to mention the BLM of all the clear cutting/tree harvesting and the Forestry Service because of the unlicensed burn and lack of permits which beget the attention of the bureaucrats, lawyers and rights activists groups which are nightmares all their own and workman's comp comes calling because the door crasher was injured crashing the door and animal control because the dogs defended the home front against the invaders and in several decades of escalation........................................................................ 

but this could have been avoided from the git go if Schnooge was doing his job and not slacking off...

Schnooge aka @schnewj is our resident safety professional and he should have seen right off my chair needed safety rails...

we are so covered... cancel the plan to move off world...

http://thepatriotwoodworker.com/profile/4360-schnewj/?tab=field_core_pfield_24

7 hours ago, Stick486 said:

but this could have been avoided from the git go if Schnooge was doing his job and not slacking off...

Schnooge aka @schnewj is our resident safety professional and he should have seen right off my chair needed safety rails...

Let me spell this out for you again. I-'M R-E-T-I-R-E-D!

I no longer get involved unless some poor schmuck asks, "should I do this really stupid thing to get this result". In which case, I'm not above pointing out that it may not be a good idea if he ever wants to pick his nose with his index finger, or scratch certain parts of his anatomy.

As for the chair, if medical complications cause you to unintentionally and suddenly decide to check for dirt underneath your toenails, then after the second, or is it the third time, you should have installed the safety rails yourself.

Just because I own and tool belt and have the requisite skills doesn't mean that I automatically do maintenance jobs for my neighbors for free with no prospect of compensation or reciprocity ( well for some I do...the ones that don't demand it). Knowing this, what makes you think that I am inclined to suggest to you, that steps should be taken, as a result of the march of Father Time, to install safety rails on your chair.

At your age YOU should recognize the fact that you no longer have the proper skills to park you, umm, butt in one spot, and expect to remain stationary without assistance.:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

I know I'm home when I've got you at least thinking about keeping me...You don't even need to put papers down or anything (at least not yet). But I gotta tell ya Bill, I ain't chasing no stick...beat me all you want. <_<

Hmmmm! There's just something fundamentally wrong with this! I'm just gonna have to take a swing at this and see if I hit anything. I,suspect, that you had an interesting childhood.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Stick486 said:

so...

tell that to the ""professionals""...

they'll be so busy w/ you that they'll never give me and Dave a thought...

That would be interesting! The dogs would be swiveling their heads, like they were watching a tennis match, at the exchange. Probably, by the time I got done with them, and had them talking to themselves, they would give up on me and then turn to you and Dave.

Let the second beatings commence...

12 hours ago, Stick486 said:

No problemo w/ the keyboard...

DAV has them for for around 1~2 bucks...

that crashing through the front door isn't going to get it... believe the dogs won't allow it... which will start a chain of events that will put a whole new meaning to ""the Never Ending Story"" and if the dogs are harmed or suffer any duress at all that will really PMO till no end which will beget more professionals to help the 1st batch of bungling professionals and because they are all clueless a 3rd set of professionals is dispatched and all of theses professionals' god complexes start stepping all over each other which begets a spun off life of it's own and this snowballing to point of making world news and the news bulletins interrupting the soaps then planet becoming too small or not big enough to hide us because of the wrath the bulletins will generate and then because eventually we'll run out of professionals the stock of wanna be professionals will get get tapped into and then w/ you being the mastermind/ring leader and then the party shows up on your front lawn which will PO yur wife till no end which all of us will feel via the cause and effect ripple which will PO the membership's SOs which will be taken in a dim light and a poorer frame of minds by them because of the blooming eruption of drama which will mushroom and spill back into the forum because they have no where to hide/escape to and the membership will be quite/very miffed w/ us and then out come the pitch forks, torches, cauldrons of boiling oil and tar which beget hundreds of naked birds who had absolutely nothing to do w/ this running around freezing which begets a whole new realm of activist jumping into the fracas because of animals being harmed and then the environmentalist show up wanting a big piece of our now worthless hides because of the acres of old growth choice hardwoods that were cut down to fuel the stake fire and get the cauldrons boiling make pikes and impalers which PO untold numbers of woodworkers because the new shortage of hardwoods drives the BF price sky high which causes many of these WW'ers to give up their passion which SOs resent because the ''Honeydew"" list isn't any more which adds to the drama of more irked SOs and the trickle down effect cause the kinder to throw world class tantrums because their world has been interrupted so now it's enter social services and we all know how in the wink of an eye deep that is going to get and all this ruckus attracts the attention of the EPA because of all fires/smoke/air pollution and the IRS because of the wage taxes and incomes being generated because all these professionals are in it for the paycheck not to mention the BLM of all the clear cutting/tree harvesting and the Forestry Service because of the unlicensed burn and lack of permits which beget the attention of the bureaucrats, lawyers and rights activists groups which are nightmares all their own and workman's comp comes calling because the door crasher was injured crashing the door and animal control because the dogs defended the home front against the invaders and in several decades of escalation........................................................................ 

Stick...Oh sure all this was easy for you to say! OK, now please don't take this personal in any fashion...your response shows at ~1:06 AM, EST...here's what I need you to do...slowly raise your hands above your head and very slowly and carefully back away from the coffee maker and nobody including the dogs will get hurt. Now, reach forward very carefully placing your hands palms up...Are you following me OK so far? Now I'm going to place something in your hands...it may seem painful at first, but it's for your own good...READY? Eventually the jitters will subside...

Decaf Coffee Pic.jpg

10 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

eerr well, uuugh,,,,goes with the shop apron (Note to self: do not use wide angle photography!) ;)

That's OK, Dave! If you want to wear a pair of Harry Winston sandals in the shop, who am I to criticize. I just think that it may be a little overboard for your daily casual wear..

4 hours ago, schnewj said:

Hmmmm! There's just something fundamentally wrong with this! I'm just gonna have to take a swing at this and see if I hit anything. I,suspect, that you had an interesting childhood.:rolleyes:

Had??? I was not aware there was an expiration date...I'm just going to go slam the shop door and sulk the rest of the afternoon now...and no, I won't chase the stick!

16 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Hah...I'm baaaccckkk. Sorta' reminds me of when I was kid and me, & my mom & dad would go deep into the mountains of Tennessee camping...much to their surprise I always managed to find my way back home...;) ...and no Charles I didn't fall asleep in the Chat Room last night...too much technology at once too late at night...apparently I had 4 open sessions running but hidden windows...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it for now. -_-

Whatever story works best right? LOOL

25 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Welcome Dave. Glad you didn't get sucked into the Black Hole. The lights are bright here and getting brighter, Heck we even talked MAtt and Ralph into the jump.

Thanks Gerald for the welcome. Greatly appreciated! I did see where both Matt & Ralph landed here safely. Looking forward to their wisdom once again. It's like being at that other place only now in the 21st Century! :P Everyone has been super.