July 6Jul 6 comment_378491 Good Monday morning!Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!Welcome New MembersTo view our newest members and welcome them to our digs, please see our Members Page, you can "Sort" by join date and click on their names and be taken to their profile page where you can leave a message of welcome. Thank you for making our newest folks feel welcome.Grandpa DaveSpeaking of members, we are all awaiting for the return of @Grandpadave52, the messages keep pouring in about his status and his health. Hey gramps, if you are out there, how about a check in!Community NewsHelp us stay live!Featured TopicSome sage wisdom, dispatched by @DAB, and thank you for reminding us Dab, just how fragile life can be.Featured Downloads and PlansFeatured VideoNot only is this fun to watch, but it hit home with a current topic by @calabrese55 regarding perfection in your woodworking. HERERecent Wiki's Report
July 6Jul 6 Popular Post comment_378492 Started making a scrap wood turning blank for the salt/pepper mills. Supposed to be raining off and on most of the week- good for the corn which was looking kinda dry. Report
July 6Jul 6 Author comment_378493 2 minutes ago, lew said:Supposed to be raining off and on most of the week- good for the corn which was looking kinda dry.Hey Lew, I thought you guys lived in the burbs or city, unless you got corn in your backyard? Report
July 6Jul 6 Author comment_378495 To the Indiana guys, I know @Ron Dudelston is about an hour and a half away from The Nutmeg Tavern in Peirceton Indiana. It may be a fun place to visit, the tavern is the location where the video in this Mondays Topic was produced along with hundreds other videos of homesteading and cooking and 18th Century life reproductions.Here is the channelhttps://www.youtube.com/@townsendsHere is their website https://www.townsends.us/ Report
July 6Jul 6 Popular Post comment_378496 46 minutes ago, John Morris said:Hey Lew, I thought you guys lived in the burbs or city, unless you got corn in your backyard?Not in our back yard but I can see it from the back yard!We only need to take a drive of less than a mile, the whole town is less than 7 square miles, to see field crops everywhere. Corn, wheat, soybeans and wheat are the most grown. Soybeans are becoming more prevalent over the past few years. Vast areas surrounding us are dedicated to orchards- apples and peaches mostly. Franklin County, where Chambersburg is located, is one of the states leading agriculture centers. Report
July 6Jul 6 comment_378497 Had to "Jump Start" the proceedings to buy the new place...by sending out a very NASTY Email.....within 15 minutes, it cause a whirlwind of activity.....waiting to hear the results, TODAY.Bought 7 LARGE Storage bins, to help get things packed up...Goal right now to been moved by the end of July..we'll see... Report
July 6Jul 6 Popular Post comment_378498 Our corn is looking great, not so much for my yard...which has taken on it's summer shade of brown. I did get in some weeding and watering over the weekend, and I'll try to do some more this week (maybe even get caught up) with the cooler temps we're having. I'm hoping for rain, and if we get some I'll be in the shop. Report
July 6Jul 6 comment_378500 1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:I'm hoping for rainWe got 1.5" last evening in a gusty thunderstorm. First in about a week.Nice avatar picture, Fred!! Report
July 6Jul 6 Popular Post comment_378501 @steven newman Sounds like the process we had to get our mortgage. Had to talk to some much higher ups to get the process rolling. Kinda wish I used someone other than Rocket because they sold the mortgage even tho they are administering.@Fred W. Hargis Jr Nice new pic . Did you hair get gray overnight? 🤣Got the first coat of paint on the pantry drawers and one more today. Got to pick peas again this afternoon. Hope to get started preparing for a demo later today. Report
July 6Jul 6 Popular Post comment_378502 Shop is closed for today...way safer, that way......every dang thing I've tried to do today, seems to want to fight me...will forego the spinny sharp objects... Report
July 6Jul 6 comment_378503 Smart move @steven newman . If you're having an off day it's best to be safe and pass on the woodworking. Report
July 6Jul 6 Popular Post comment_378504 5 hours ago, John Morris said:To the Indiana guys, I know @Ron Dudelston is about an hour and a half away from The Nutmeg Tavern in Peirceton Indiana. It may be a fun place to visit, the tavern is the location where the video in this Mondays Topic was produced along with hundreds other videos of homesteading and cooking and 18th Century life reproductions.Here is the channelhttps://www.youtube.com/@townsendsHere is their websiteTownsendsTownsendsTownsends is dedicated to exploring the 18th century living, cooking, clothing, and much more.Can you say,”Road Trip?” Report
July 7Jul 7 Popular Post comment_378509 10 hours ago, John Morris said:To the Indiana guys, I know @Ron Dudelston is about an hour and a half away from The Nutmeg Tavern in Peirceton Indiana. It may be a fun place to visit, the tavern is the location where the video in this Mondays Topic was produced along with hundreds other videos of homesteading and cooking and 18th Century life reproductions.Here is the channelhttps://www.youtube.com/@townsendsHere is their websiteTownsendsTownsendsTownsends is dedicated to exploring the 18th century living, cooking, clothing, and much more.If you're ever in central NYS, the Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown and Hanford Mills in East Meredith have the same themes. I suspect smaller venues like these are scattered throughout the country. Report
July 8Jul 8 Popular Post comment_378530 This is the drawer unit before slides installed. And the install.Before I started the build she said she did not want drawers. After she loved it and wants another set. Report
July 8Jul 8 comment_378531 2 minutes ago, Gerald said:she said she did not want drawers. After she loved it and wants another set.BTDT!!!!!!!!!! Report
July 9Jul 9 comment_378558 Update on progress on leanto. A friend came over to help me get the 2 x10 beam in. I put in the rafters.Took he picture before I put all in. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.