August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340766 Hi, My name is Mike. I'm an acoustic and electric guitar and bass builder based in Northern Virginia. My focus is mostly hand tool work, although I do use those newfangled tools in the electric guitar builds. I also am prone to actually build just about anything else that comes into my head. I look forward to participating here. Here are some of my recent projects. Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340770 Beautiful work, Mike! Way above my skill level. Welcome to the site; great bunch of guys here. Just ignore any requests for donuts! Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340771 Hi and Welcome! That is some awesome work! Thanks for posting it I' looking forward to seeing more. I hope @difalkner stops by to see your work! Report
August 20, 20242 yr Author Popular Post comment_340773 Thank you, gentlemen. Much appreciated. Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340774 Looks like good builds, Mike. How many have you built and do you have a website? Report
August 20, 20242 yr Author Popular Post comment_340780 Thank you gentlemen. I have built around 10 or 12 electric guitars. I have been building for 12 years or so. This is the one that you see on my bench is only my second acoustic guitar. I do have a background in repair as well that I've been doing for 14 or 15 years. Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340782 You luthiers amaze me. Those builds are awesome, Mike. Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340784 Hey Mike, welcome again. Great to have you here and to have another luthier on-board. I envy your talent and gift. Awesome work. We do love pictures here. Looking forward to your ongoing participation with us. I'm sure you'll agree, best woodworking site on the internet. BTW, you get bonus points for already knowing @steven newman. I think someone has already mentioned donuts? So, speaking of donuts on behalf of the team, new guy provides donuts for the group. Already have tomorrow covered by @Gordon so your day is Thursday. Just leave them in the breakroom. I'll announce their arrival. Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340785 Way above my skills Mike. Hope you stick around. A great group of guys here. Edited August 20, 20242 yr by Al B Report
August 20, 20242 yr Author Popular Post comment_340787 To answer another question I forgot to answer, I do have a YouTube channel, but if I read the rules correctly posting links to that would be self-promotion and breaking the rules of the forum. I am way more interested in being a part of this community than having anybody come look at my YouTube channel from this site Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340788 1 hour ago, Handfoolery said: This is the one that you see on my bench is only my second acoustic guitar. I'm also on my second acoustic build. Here's my first and the thread on #2 I asked about the YouTube channel so we can hear these you've built. Edited August 20, 20242 yr by difalkner Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340789 Welcome to the forum. That is some very nice work Report
August 20, 20242 yr comment_340791 57 minutes ago, Handfoolery said: To answer another question I forgot to answer, I do have a YouTube channel, but if I read the rules correctly posting links to that would be self-promotion and breaking the rules of the forum. I am way more interested in being a part of this community than having anybody come look at my YouTube channel from this site @John Morris Report
August 20, 20242 yr Author Popular Post comment_340792 1 hour ago, difalkner said: I'm also on my second acoustic build. Here's my first and the thread on #2 I asked about the YouTube channel so we can hear these you've built. If I can link a link to the videos where I demonstrate the instrument the finished instruments then I will. I think in the rules they allow you to post links if someone is directly asking for information, as long as it is directly relative to the question. So when I get to the house I will post those. Worse comes to worst they'll take it down and tell me not to do that again hopefully. And I will definitely check out those build threads Edited August 20, 20242 yr by Handfoolery Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340793 1 hour ago, Handfoolery said: To answer another question I forgot to answer, I do have a YouTube channel, but if I read the rules correctly posting links to that would be self-promotion and breaking the rules of the forum. I am way more interested in being a part of this community than having anybody come look at my YouTube channel from this site Welcome Mike, I should review our rules and see what that actually means, post away your links to your channel, we'd love to see what you do, others here have channels too and we love seeing them. I think what we do like to stay away from is promoting any services and links to websites for services. It don't appear you are doing that, post away Mike! And thanks for joining us sir! Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340794 @Handfoolery, you can also share individual videos here as well, just copy paste your "share" link into the post and it'll auto populate the video. Report
August 20, 20242 yr Author Popular Post comment_340796 John, thank you very much. I will. I'm building right now so as soon as I get a break from that I will post away! Report
August 20, 20242 yr Popular Post comment_340800 48 minutes ago, Handfoolery said: I will post away! Widescreen video preferred, btw, like our monitors. Report
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.