October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273689 15 hours ago, steven newman said: A box arrived via UPS today....32.8 pounds worth. By the time I got through unloading all the packing stuff.. You're a good guy way out there in AZ @Gene Howe, I don't care what anybody says! 15 hours ago, steven newman said: Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273693 9 minutes ago, Cal said: You're a good guy way out there in AZ @Gene Howe, I don't care what anybody says! Just thinning the herd. And, I just knew that Bandit was running short of planes....and, something to keep him busy. Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273699 One of many small projects in progress. Needed a box to store oscillating multi cutter. This will go to Mothers shop as Dad didn't have one. Or we have yet to find it anyway. Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273707 Its Sat and I would like to get the raised panel blanks for the media room sliced so they can dry a little more. I made a 7hr round trip yesterday to get the wood. The boss wanted something with a little more figure in it and the yard in Fontana had what we needed. The cost was outrageous but it is very beautiful stuff and its 1 3\4" surfaced so bookmatching it will be a little simpler. Today will be the first real trial of that carbide band saw blade. Paul Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273716 I don't know what is going on, but lately, we have not had any big brown trucks so traditional to UPS. They now have a little Kawasaki work vehicle with a trailer attached. All packages are exposed to the elements. The young lady just turns it around in the middle of the street. Looks like Jed Clampett and the Beverly Hillbillies. Just needs Granny with her shot gun riding in her rocking chair. Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273722 2 hours ago, DuckSoup said: Store owners must be from Canada. Took me awhile to get that. Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273727 45 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said: I don't know what is going on, but lately, we have not had any big brown trucks so traditional to UPS. They now have a little Kawasaki work vehicle with a trailer attached. All packages are exposed to the elements. The young lady just turns it around in the middle of the street. Looks like Jed Clampett and the Beverly Hillbillies. Just needs Granny with her shot gun riding in her rocking chair. Seems to me like I saw a story that in ssome places UPS drives a really big brown truck to a neighborhood, then has the little scooter-thingys do the door to door deliveries. At least I think I did, maybe I skipped my meds that day. Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273739 stucco brown/scratch coat repair done. let it cure up, check after lunch, if good, then color on later today. otherwise, color on tomorrow. Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273759 stucco patching done. looks decent. not an exact color match, even though it's the same color. 10 year old stucco gets dirty, so the new stuff looks lighter. thankfully, not in an obvious area (like near the front door), so it'll be ok. still have most of the 5 gallons left, will save until spring for other, smaller patch jobs. $81.97 per bucket. i can handle that. Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273773 21 hours ago, FlGatorwood said: Southern Mississippi and parts of Louisiana have wonderful antique stores. I could spend days in them. Gerald, there seems to be a bit and brace that appears to have a hand crank on the side. Is that 2 separate tools or it is a combination? If it is a combination, I cannot figure out how it works. I see a couple of old glass cutters in the bottom picture. This is in South Missouri. Report
October 30, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273774 The only 2 times I went through Missouri was once on a Greyhound bus and the next time in a new 1971 Pinto. But, I have been in antique stores in southern Mississippi, southern Alabama and Louisiana. Some really neat stuff in those stores. And, Gerald, I thought you were in Mississippi. Sorry, I didn't recognize Brandon, MS where the country music used to be. I don't know anymore. I don't bother to keep up. Report
October 31, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273824 Today's Sunday. Gotta load the remnants of the old HF DC to take to a buyer from Mehiko. Although I had heavily modified it, it was exactly what he was looking for. I'd say it is about 3/4 original. He' getting a bargain at 1/2 the original price. Report
October 31, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273829 Tonight is All Hallows Eve... all you pagans out there, be careful not to trip up in the dark! Report
October 31, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273864 stucco patch after drying (darkened a bit). close enough for govt work. Report
October 31, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273867 1 hour ago, DAB said: stucco patch after drying (darkened a bit). close enough for govt work. Looks a 1000% better than the one they did up the street! Report
November 1, 20214 yr Popular Post comment_273893 From a former government employee, this looks pretty good. Almost a complete match, but it will change over the course of a week. Check next week, it will be hard to see where you patched. Great job. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.