Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Morris

Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! August 26th, 2019

Rate this topic

Have a long time friend coming into town this week.  Will get to spend a couple days with him.  Just not sure which days so leaving it open for him.

John I see a bandsaw.

Finally turned offering plate #16 only have to sand the inside. Now today to turn off he bottoms of the last 3, brand them and apply stain. Then it is on to Christmas show stock and build a display for that. Ok and maybe some fun turning.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon.  They need to perform an echocardiogram and a followup appointment.  Nothing serious, I have an extremely minor heart valve problem, no meds or treatment required, and they do an echo once a year just to keep tabs on it.  Friday I go to donate blood, and in between I am working on repairing and refinishing the top of a night stand I made in shop class too many years ago.  It is made from aromatic cedar, and the top split along a grain line.  Other than that, nothing much besides normal chores that my wife can't do due to her disability.  I refuse to put on an apron though, I need to maintain some dignity.

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

you are right! :lol:

And a Craftsman RAS and an unknown DP.

Edited by Gene Howe

Monday?:BangingHead:  Monday? :DevilLaughing:

Went to Lowes, to kill a bit of time, this morning....wound up with 4 planks of Poplar.....1/2" x 5-1/2" x 24".....might see what I can cobble up....later.   Have 4 block planes to rehab, as well.

Been helping my wife with her assignment (model building) so haven't been able to get down to my bench. Getting itchy fingers though, so it's gotta be soon!

5 minutes ago, 1fizgig said:

Been helping my wife with her assignment (model building) so haven't been able to get down to my bench. Getting itchy fingers though, so it's gotta be soon!

What's she buiding? 

Well, until today...I was the only one in the family who did NOT have a cell phone.....until 1800 hrs today, that is. 

van's brakes get replaced in the morning...just the front ones. 

Still have a bit of cash set back for next weekend....slight chance of a shower Saturday....sunday looks better....IF I can learn this new phone, I may not need to carry the camera along, too...and a Bumbershoot....