Dovetails, an endangered species

Napkin Designs, and why they come out better

Coffee and Woodworking, Match made in Heaven

SHOPSMITH, the Great Debate

Turning Femur Bones, tips and finish suggestions

To which we add.

A Lust For Rust,  Old tool collectors guide

How The World Turns,  Belts, pulleys, line shafts, & gears

Budget Workshop,  Pickers Guide To Curb Shopping!

Who Am I?,  The Guidebook For Amnesia

All the kinks are worked out, it's really cool.

You'll be able to enter a title of a book, a drop down list of your title auto populates, for example, The Grapes of Wrath, I know I know, not woodworking, but just for example you enter The Grapes of Wrath in the specially provided field, a drop down list of "The Grapes of Wrath" drops down from the field, and you choose your book. Since there are plays and books about the book for The Grapes of Wrath, those come in too, but you choose your book that you are specifically referring too.

You click on your book, then the book cover auto populates your topic, a nice picture of the book cover, and similar books will appear below it.

Then there is a field for your review of the book.

Others will be able to click on the "Buy" button and purchase the book from our Amazon store if they are interested, The Patriot Woodworker will receive a small commission, I think around 4 percent but hey, it all helps! And we get to share our favorite books.

I am excited with the technology this feature will bring to our forum.

7 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

A sub-forum?  Where?

One sub forum under the main categories of woodworking. So a sub forum for General Woodworking, Turning, Scrolling, etc.

For example, a sub forum named Wood Turning Book Reviews under the main Turners category.

I am open to suggestions though where the book forum(s) should reside.

7 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

:ChinScratch: That's a tough one John. What if people want to include titles that are not woodworking related?

Might be best to make a new sub forum in the Scrap Bin.

We could, in the scrap bin, a separate forum for "General Book Reviews". That would work Larry.

1 minute ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Or create a new forum dedicated to books with sub forums for scroll sawing, general woodworking, turning, etc.

That's kind of what Gene was wanting to do, but you are going a step further and having a forum all within itself, that sounds good as well Larry. I hope you all chime in on this over the next day or two. I'd like to get a consensus soon. Great ideas guys. Between Larry and Gene, I am leaning towards a dedicated sub-forum for all book categories including off topic books, or a dedicated book forum all together.

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.:OldManSmiley:

We could put this up to Congress to decide.  You know make it a Congressional Appointment.  No need to worry though, by the time they get done to actually doing something about it the year will be 2069.

:throbbinghead:

47 minutes ago, Woodbutcherbynight said:

We could put this up to Congress to decide.  You know make it a Congressional Appointment.  No need to worry though, by the time they get done to actually doing something about it the year will be 2069.

:ArguingSmileys:...:ArguingSmileys:...:Tapping:...:ArguingSmileys:...:CoveringEyes: